window shopping fun

Comments

• casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    Lou Barlow played the coolest red/white Rickenbacker bass ever when I saw their reunion show here in Ghent.

Rickenbackers are cool :cool: definitly.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    the basses are pretty funky. rarely see them around here.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    one of the most balanced, awesome basses ever created.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Rics are too cool. Did you know that George Harrison bought his first one in my home state of Illinois and brought it back with him?

They seem to be gaining some popularity again, which is a good thing to see.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    someone spot me a G. haha.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    JofZ wrote:
    Rics are too cool. Did you know that George Harrison bought his first one in my home state of Illinois and brought it back with him?

They seem to be gaining some popularity again, which is a good thing to see.

I miss Illinois. How's Chicago? My family is all up there. BTW, the Cubs suck. :)
    There's No Code.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I'm pretty sure Puremagic will agree, that it's a cool bass.....but she probably won't loan you a grand, even if she does have the coolest Grumpy Cockatiel pedal ever.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    My friend owns a 1967 Ric-O bass. I need to make sure he leaves it to me in his will. Gorgeous bass, growls like few other basses growl. The only thing that comes close is a Stingray played with a pick. A Ric bass with flatwound strings is just about heaven...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.