Mamasan trilogy

Pretty sick that they busted out reverse mamasan trilogy to close the SD show. 

I’ve seen some people saying the set was boring and while it was short and missing deep cuts, what a way to finish.

also I was sitting next to a guy who was like 55 and had never seen pj. When they started playing Jeremy I was like duuuude this is kind of rare. I was stoked for him cause they played a bunch of Ten that show. 

Comments

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    It occurred to me that, by playing the "Momma-Son" trilogy in reverse order to close the show, the most recent songs the band has played are, in a sense, its three oldest songs.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,194
    edited May 2022
    Jeremy isn't rare... Always enjoy hearing the mamasan though
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Download the pj stat tracker to get stats. It’s not a common song to hear these days
  • Footsteps is obviously the real treat of those 3 but yeah to get them in order is always sick. Like you said, their oldest songs haha 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Download the pj stat tracker to get stats. It’s not a common song to hear these days
    15/26 shows in 2018
  • jakesbluskyhomejakesbluskyhome Posts: 148
    edited May 2022
    what’s the rarest song you’ve ever seen 
    Post edited by jakesbluskyhome on
  • That said I was stoked for the virgin pj fan. Feel like those fans are there for the Jeremy type of songs 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    That said I was stoked for the virgin pj fan. Feel like those fans are there for the Jeremy type of songs 
    Not a huge fan of it myself but the pop it gets is awesome 
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 770
    BF25394 said:
    It occurred to me that, by playing the "Momma-Son" trilogy in reverse order to close the show, the most recent songs the band has played are, in a sense, its three oldest songs.
    I thought there couldn't have been a more perfect show closer for SD, than those 3. Satisfying in so many ways.
    And Footsteps is Always on my request list.
    That, along with Long Road, made the whole show for me.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    what’s the rarest song you’ve ever seen 
    If we're talking Pearl Jam original songs, and we exclude Gigaton tracks that have been played five times at most, the rarest songs that I've seen are "Sweet Lew" and "Otherside," which have both been played three times (and each of which I've seen once).

(If you include Gigaton, then I've seen the only performances (thus far) of "Buckle Up" and "Alright."  But that doesn't seem like what you're asking.)

At the other end of the spectrum, San Diego was my 54th "Even Flow" (in 64 shows).  "Alive," "Corduroy" and "Do the Evolution" are tied for second at 47 each.

The most-played PJ song that I've never seen live is "Dirty Frank," which has been played 10 times.

I gather speed from you fucking with me.