Help With Showtime Arrival Sat may7 show Please

JF116983JF116983 Posts: 176
Going sat and trying to ensure I get there with my sanity, are there metro lines? What time will show start 7:30pm or 8pm? What time PJ hit stage 9pm? Should I park off sight and take Uber in? Is forum parking really bad? Is there parking @ SoFi? Any help appreciated taking my buddy to his first show and want to ensure it’s memorable? Final what shorts cost now 40 bucks?

Comments

• deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    JF116983 said:
    Going sat and trying to ensure I get there with my sanity, are there metro lines?

What time will show start 7:30pm or 8pm?

What time PJ hit stage 9pm?

Should I park off sight and take Uber in?

Is forum parking really bad?

Is there parking @ SoFi?

Any help appreciated taking my buddy to his first show and want to ensure it’s memorable?

Final what shorts cost now 40 bucks?
    Split the paragraph apart into separate questions. It reads as a panic attack. (And that may be where you are at. I am sorry if you are.) Hoping someone can answer some for you. 

Good luck!  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    My rule of thumb has always been to be in my seat/spot by 8pm local time. I would say there's rarely a time when PJ has taken the stage before then.  That's assuming you don't mind missing some/most of the opener.  Otherwise, I'd say 7pm.

That doesn't include Fenway 2018 when there were rumors about the band coming out early and everyone was in their seats at like 6:30 and we just sat there for 2hrs lol
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040

That doesn't include Fenway 2018 when there were rumors about the band coming out early and everyone was in their seats at like 6:30 and we just sat there for 2hrs lol
    Good times lol
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Ramin343Ramin343 Posts: 12
    Hey!  Local here and been to plenty of shows at Forum.  

What time will show start 7:30pm or 8pm?  *Be parked at 7:30 pm latest, PJ will likely hit stage at 8:30-8:45.  

What time PJ hit stage 9pm?

Should I park off sight and take Uber in?  **nope, cheaper to just park at the stadium plenty of parking between Sofi & Kia Forum and closer**

Is forum parking really bad?  **no, with the Sofi stadium lots of parking just have to walk**

Is there parking @ SoFi?

Any help appreciated taking my buddy to his first show and want to ensure it’s memorable?  **Not a lot to eat in the area outside of the stadium unless you have a car plus they get busy.  The Forum is easy to get into, but a pain in the butt when leaving.  

Final what shorts cost now 40 bucks?  **The shorts I'm wearing currently cost around $50 but original MSRP was $120 and they're very comfortable and fitted.  
    Ramin
  • edoconedocon Posts: 324
    You can look at the San Diego show for rough estimates on when show will start and PJ will take the stage.

Taking Uber in is probably easy. Getting Uber after the show may be a different story.

Forum should have plenty of parking. Expect to pay $40.

Sofi and Forum are in the same complex. I assume you will be routed to the available parking spots when you arrive.
  • JF116983JF116983 Posts: 176
    Thanks guys
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Got this email today from the Forum....

Pearl Jam
    North American Tour 2022
    May 6, 2022

Event Information
    Terrace: 5:00PM
    Doors: 6:30PM
    Event: 7:30PM

Face Coverings
    In compliance with the LA County Health Officer Order and as a safety precaution, it is strongly recommended that all attendees, regardless of vaccination status, wear a well-fitting mask, unless actively eating or drinking.

Parking
    Prepaid parking is available at the Kia Forum. Reserve your spot. Carpooling, ride-sharing and public transportation are encouraged. Drop-offs are permitted at all entrances.

At every show, the first ten (10) Kia vehicles to enter the EV6 Entrance off Kareem Court will receive complimentary VIP parking!

Cashless
    For the continued health and safety of all Guests and employees, we are cashless. All major credit and debit cards are accepted throughout the venue. "Cash to Card" conversion kiosks are located within the venue.

Venue Information
    Join us on our outdoor Terrace starting at 5PM for pre-show festivities! Food will be available for purchase from Loteria! Grill, Pink's Hot Dogs and Orleans & York. Guests can enjoy fun & games like cornhole, giant Jenga, Connect 4 and more! 

Clear Bag Policy
    To help ensure that Guests can enjoy an unforgettable and safe experience, we encourage Guests to travel light. We welcome Guests to bring:
    • Clear Bags that are equal to or smaller than 12" x 6" x 12"
    • Clear plastic freezer bags that are 1 gallon size or smaller
    • Small clutches/wristlets that are 9" x 6" are permitted and do not need to be clear
    • Diaper and medical bags accompanied by the Guest using them
    All bags are subject to search.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    I love how they use COVID as a pretext for going cashless to protect "health and safety."  COVID is not spreading on money.  This policy is strictly for the venue's convenience so they don't have to handle cash.  If they actually cared that much about health and safety, they would continue to require masks.

And if you don't have a card, how are you supposed to pay for parking outside the venue if the cash-to-card kiosks are inside the venue?  Ridiculous.  Let people use credit or debit cards if they want to, but don't force them.  There are millions of Americans who don't have either but who still might want to go a concert or a baseball game.

(I went to an MLB game in April 2021 and tried to give the attendant 10 bucks for parking.  He said it was cash only because of COVID.  I handed him a credit card, which he ran and then handed back to me.  It was actually more exposure than if I had just handed him a ten-dollar bill.  So stupid.  Not to mention that, if COVID were transmitted on objects (which it isn't), it would be transmitted on a credit card just as easily as it would be transmitted on money.)

Sorry, I realize this is entire post is off-topic, but I had to vent after I saw the note from the Forum.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • PinoyPJPinoyPJ Posts: 284
    park at forum, think around $50..... hit in-n-out before or after or both......
    ride amongst the waves...
  • curleybarneycurleybarney Posts: 199
    We're definitely getting In-N-Out after
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013 | Los Angeles, CA 11-23-2013 | Oakland, CA 11-26-2013 | St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014 | Bridge School 10-25-2014 | Ft. Lauderdale, FL 04-08-2016 | Miami, FL 04-09-2016 | TOTD San Francisco, CA 11/11/2016 | TOTD San Francisco, CA 11/12/2016 | Seattle, WA 08-08-2018 | Seattle, WA 08-10-2018 | EV & The Earthlings Ohana 09-24-2021 | EV & The Earthlings Ohana 09-25-2021 | Ohana 09-26-2021 | Los Angeles, CA 05-06-2022 | Los Angeles, CA 05-07-2022 | Oakland, CA 05-12-2022 | Oakland, CA 05-13-2022 | Austin, TX 09-18-2023 | Austin, TX 09-19-2023 Next: Sacramento, CA 05-13-2024 | Las Vegas, NV 05-16-2024 | Las Vegas, NV 05-18-2024 | Los Angeles, CA 05-21-2024 | Los Angeles, CA 05-22-2024
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    BF25394 said:
    I love how they use COVID as a pretext for going cashless to protect "health and safety."  COVID is not spreading on money.  This policy is strictly for the venue's convenience so they don't have to handle cash.  If they actually cared that much about health and safety, they would continue to require masks.

And if you don't have a card, how are you supposed to pay for parking outside the venue if the cash-to-card kiosks are inside the venue?  Ridiculous.  Let people use credit or debit cards if they want to, but don't force them.  There are millions of Americans who don't have either but who still might want to go a concert or a baseball game.

(I went to an MLB game in April 2021 and tried to give the attendant 10 bucks for parking.  He said it was cash only because of COVID.  I handed him a credit card, which he ran and then handed back to me.  It was actually more exposure than if I had just handed him a ten-dollar bill.  So stupid.  Not to mention that, if COVID were transmitted on objects (which it isn't), it would be transmitted on a credit card just as easily as it would be transmitted on money.)

Sorry, I realize this is entire post is off-topic, but I had to vent after I saw the note from the Forum.
    Indeed, complete BS. Sort of like how ticketmaster says the objective is to give fans "the best chance" at getting face value tickets...if that were true, Premium wouldn't exist 

I do wonder though what is the true reason for the cashless policy. The vendor pays a transaction fee with cards but not cash 
    SHZA said:
    BF25394 said:

Indeed, complete BS. Sort of like how ticketmaster says the objective is to give fans "the best chance" at getting face value tickets...if that were true, Premium wouldn't exist 

I do wonder though what is the true reason for the cashless policy. The vendor pays a transaction fee with cards but not cash 
    The best argument for cashless transactions from the business' standpoint is that it eliminates the security risk created by having large amounts of cash on hand, and having to transport that cash to and from the bank.  But an arena is not a Mom-and-Pop operation where an individual employee takes the cash to the bank at the end of the day.  An arena would hire an armored car to secure, transport and deposit the cash (as depicted in the movie "The Town," where Fenway Park's courier gets robbed-- fun fact: that armored-car guard is played by a member of the Ten Club who has attended a couple of dozen shows with me).

Businesses will also argue that card transactions also prevent theft by employees, but they really ought to have systems in place to prevent that anyway.

From the consumer's standpoint, another reason why cash may be preferable (besides the fact that many consumers don't have cards because credit cards require good credit and debit cards generally require a minimum balance that may be hard to maintain for people who go paycheck to paycheck-- which is a lot of people and not necessarily just the poorest) is that cash transactions are private.  Sometimes, you just want to buy a Diet Coke or a hot dog and move on without making a record of it that the business can use to track your purchases or target you with advertising.

A few states (NJ, CO and MA) have state laws requiring businesses to accept cash, with some exceptions.  There has been a bill introduced in Congress that has about 40 sponsors, including Democrats and Republicans, to make it a federal law to require business to accept cash, again with some exceptions, but it is stuck in neutral in Congress where the banking and business lobbies wield great influence.
  • RR258111RR258111 Posts: 59
    The prepaid parking ticket is 53,00 with taxes, totally insane. SD was 20,00. 

PJ - Irvine,CA (06,03,03) SP, Brazil (12,02,05), SP, Brazil (12,03,05) ,SP, Brazil (11,03,11),  SP, Brazil (11,04,11), SP, Brazil (03,31,13), SP, Brazil (11,14,15), Ft Lauderdale, FL (04,08,16), Miami, FL (04,09,16), SP,Brazil(03,24,18)Chicago, IL(08,18,18), Chicago, IL(08,20,18), San Diego, CA (05,03,22), Los Angeles, CA (05/06/22), Los Angeles, CA (05/07/22) , Oakland, CA(05/12/22), Los Angeles,CA (05/21/24), Los Angeles,CA(05/22/24) - EV - SP, Brazil 2015/2018, 

• JF116983JF116983 Posts: 176
    We actually took metro in ($3.50) walked the 45min to Forum, saw interesting things/restaurants along the way, (we were not only ones that did that) and got to our seats right before Ed came out with Josh for a Petty cover. I didn’t want to stress driving in (not to mention the almost 60 buck parking) as those streets can be bumper-to-bumper.

we had to leave early during encore to make train schedules (got 11:30 second to last train) and then we took Lyft out to train station ($34.00) Lyft/Uber was surge pricing but we got in a Luxury car as reg cars same price (dumb Lyft) so ride was awesome and relaxing - we were not the only ones that left at that time during encore so I imagine the surge pricing influenced versus seeing another 4/5 songs and then waiting a long time for ride.
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 770
    Once the $45 Forum parking filled up they made you continue across to SoFi lot which was $60!!
    There was no event at SoFi, it was all Forum attendees. So you paid an additional $15 to park farther away. And this was all from following flashing lighted signs for Forum parking. They know they've got you, because traffic is so bad you can't possibly go elsewhere at that point.
    You would think that general parking for the same event would be the same price regardless of where they directed you to.
    I was really glad I know a place to park on the street for free that's not too far of a walk.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,258
    BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:
    BF25394 said:

The best argument for cashless transactions from the business' standpoint is that it eliminates the security risk created by having large amounts of cash on hand, and having to transport that cash to and from the bank.  But an arena is not a Mom-and-Pop operation where an individual employee takes the cash to the bank at the end of the day.  An arena would hire an armored car to secure, transport and deposit the cash (as depicted in the movie "The Town," where Fenway Park's courier gets robbed-- fun fact: that armored-car guard is played by a member of the Ten Club who has attended a couple of dozen shows with me).

Businesses will also argue that card transactions also prevent theft by employees, but they really ought to have systems in place to prevent that anyway.

From the consumer's standpoint, another reason why cash may be preferable (besides the fact that many consumers don't have cards because credit cards require good credit and debit cards generally require a minimum balance that may be hard to maintain for people who go paycheck to paycheck-- which is a lot of people and not necessarily just the poorest) is that cash transactions are private.  Sometimes, you just want to buy a Diet Coke or a hot dog and move on without making a record of it that the business can use to track your purchases or target you with advertising.

A few states (NJ, CO and MA) have state laws requiring businesses to accept cash, with some exceptions.  There has been a bill introduced in Congress that has about 40 sponsors, including Democrats and Republicans, to make it a federal law to require business to accept cash, again with some exceptions, but it is stuck in neutral in Congress where the banking and business lobbies wield great influence.
    I hate not being able to pay cash for things like parking. Makes no sense too, because it goes so much faster if you can just hand over a $20 bill or whatever it is.

But I don’t think there’s an excuse for anyone to not have the ability to be cashless  I’ve know a few people with terrible credit. They all still got credit cards. Usually lower limits and ridiculous interest though. Our local credit union required a $5 balance. Most banks it’s free if you have direct deposit. If you don’t have a debit or credit card, it’s most likely because you don’t want one. And that’s fine, nothing wrong with not wanting one.
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921
    BF25394 said:
    I was really glad I know a place to park on the street for free that's not too far of a walk.
    There’s always a place  ;) you just gotta read signs