Damn you Pearl Jam, you have too many good songs!

Last night's relatively short setlist of 23 songs, with 14 of them (60%) from Ten and Gigaton has seemed to ruffle a few feathers of some long time 'completist' fans.

PROBABLY won't happen, but especially in cities with 2+ shows in a row, I think it would be amazing if Pearl Jam tried a new tactic and had one show dedicated to 'The Hits' and one show dedicated to 'The Rarities.'  It wouldn't mean each show would be 100% hits or rarities, it would just mean that those shows would definitely have different vibes to them.  Of course they'll also have to throw in a handful of new songs if promoting a new album, but I think this would be great and work well for them and their fans.

I love me some Pearl Jam, but I don't love them nearly enough to travel the country or world to see them dozens of times.  I've only been to 17 PJ shows (since 1998) and I will admit that after last night (granted I was in Ohana so I already saw all their new songs), it left me not looking too forward to driving up to LA for two more shows.  It pains me to feel and say it, but it's the truth.  
19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!

Comments

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
    I was very happy last night that they played two-thirds of Gigaton.  I wish they had played all of it.  The songs sounded great, as they did at Ohana.  And I was very happy that they didn't play any covers.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,899

I will admit that after last night (granted I was in Ohana so I already saw all their new songs), it left me not looking too forward to driving up to LA for two more shows.  It pains me to feel and say it, but it's the truth.  
    :lol:

I swear, some of you guys. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • ClownofThornsClownofThorns Posts: 165
    PJammin' said:

I will admit that after last night (granted I was in Ohana so I already saw all their new songs), it left me not looking too forward to driving up to LA for two more shows.  It pains me to feel and say it, but it's the truth.  
    :lol:

I swear, some of you guys. 
    Shit. We're gonna have to fly in some of the real fans to fill your spot. 
  • Charlie_modCharlie_mod Posts: 136
    SxDx   5-3-22