got my whammy last night

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited April 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
and now that i understand it's flaws and how to work around them, i'm much happier than i was the first time around. paying half price didn't hurt either.

i don't even plan to use it for much note bending, mostly just as a shifter. set it one octave up in whammy mode and you make harpsichord noises. lots of fun.

i ran my blue box with full octaving, no direct (two octaves down) into the whammy set at two octaves up. it sort of sounds like a solo running through a paper shredder because of the glitchy tracking as the notes decay. brilliant.

had some fun with white noise from the fuzz factory feeding into it too.

and the guy undervalued it so i didn't even have to pay tax on it. woooo.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    and now that i understand it's flaws and how to work around them, i'm much happier than i was the first time around. paying half price didn't hurt either.

i don't even plan to use it for much note bending, mostly just as a shifter. set it one octave up in whammy mode and you make harpsichord noises. lots of fun.

i ran my blue box with full octaving, no direct (two octaves down) into the whammy set at two octaves up. it sort of sounds like a solo running through a paper shredder because of the glitchy tracking as the notes decay. brilliant.

had some fun with white noise from the fuzz factory feeding into it too.

and the guy undervalued it so i didn't even have to pay tax on it. woooo.

fun, I hope you wore protection......:D

That's really how I had decided to use it too, after listening to Morello.

It can bend notes but it's much more useable as a shifter, there are tons of options and it can really provide some nice harmonies. I bet the muff would work well with it or some kind of non fuzzy very tight distortion.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    matt bellamy's latest rig.

http://www.liquid-fire.co.uk/musegear/newgear.html

actually, i guess it's a year out now. but i haven't heard of any changes beyond this yet.
    exhausted wrote:

not one diezel VH-4 oh no. 2 kids. 2.

wow......wow.....

that entire rig is incredible, it makes the performance I saw the other night even more impressive. Did you catch the number of midi channels? Holy crap, he's got that and then all that shit in his guitar. Those guys are just amazing.

Interesting he uses a MF cab, (probably for clarity) and then the V30 soldano cab for the fat crunchyness.

It's also pretty cool he uses the deville just for feeback on the onstage cab. he pretty much just stands on that during the finale
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    he's got the techs to dance all over for him. having the ernie ball as expression for the whammy would be awesome due to the increase range of motion.

the show was incredible. i had plugs in and my brain was still vibrating in my head.

i hope they come back here some day.
    exhausted wrote:
    he's got the techs to dance all over for him.

the show was incredible. i had plugs in and my brain was still vibrating in my head.

i hope they come back here some day.

I'm ready for the new album. Talk about guys you'd like to interview and pick thier brain though.

So, Matt. Your rig is ridiculous, it's fucking brilliant, how did you come up with it?
    i absolutely love bands that use guitars and effects to make things not sound like guitars and effects.

ie, radiohead, wilco, muse, NIN, gomez.

i wish PJ did it more. so far it's only been the odd track (you are, push me pull me etc.)
    exhausted wrote:
    i absolutely love bands that use guitars and effects to make things not sound like guitars and effects.

ie, radiohead, wilco, muse, NIN, gomez.

i wish PJ did it more. so far it's only been the odd track (you are, push me pull me etc.)

yeah I'm into the rest. Wilco is on my list of bands I should have been into all along probably since Uncle Tupelo.