Concertpedia Recap: San Diego 2022

Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 971
Hey everyone, just like Five Horizons did back in the day, we will have recaps up for shows the morning afterward. Check back to it frequently! 

Last night’s show is now up, if we missed anything please feel free to chime in. What was your favorite moment?

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    This is fantastic, THANK YOU!
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,207
    Awesome stuff!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    Nice!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • MKSNYCMKSNYC Posts: 341
    Great summary - 9/11 for me seems so far away!
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Cool dudes! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,934
    Great job! 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Nice! Thanks for that.

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,938
    Nice recap! Thanks for doing this
  • Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 971
    Thank you all for kind words. Morning after every show our goal is to get something in and edit throughout the day. Bookmark it! More tour related stuff coming soon too! (LA top 5 moments tomorrow)
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,640
    Thanks... since this was my seat I missed the Ukrainian flag tribute.  He did talk ALOT! I know he loves our city/county and the Long Road brought me to near tears like it usually does. Glad I'm going to next LA show since I'm sure there will be less talking... he spent a bit of time making sure the spotlight found his guitar teacher and Bill Walton..lol.
  • Great recap. Will enjoy reading the rest!  Very well done. 
    Washington, DC (June 14, 1998)
    Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018)
    Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018)
    Thanks... since this was my seat I missed the Ukrainian flag tribute.  He did talk ALOT! I know he loves our city/county and the Long Road brought me to near tears like it usually does. Glad I'm going to next LA show since I'm sure there will be less talking... he spent a bit of time making sure the spotlight found his guitar teacher and Bill Walton..lol.
    Great photo! May I use it for the site/podcast art?

• jagerweisjagerweis Los Angeles, CA Posts: 152
    Great work! I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere but during the Satisfaction tag, Ed did mimic the Devo “I Can’t Get Me No” (Satisfaction). 

Also, Ed fucked up the way back into Footsteps out of the harmonica part, stepped away from the mic and came back laughing.” 

Ed was in an extremely happy mood last night. He was clearly thrilled to be back on tour and at home in SD. It was a festive atmosphere. So we were not going to get an anger driven burner set and they were clearly intent on showcasing Gigaton, which all sounded great. Superblood Wolfmoon sounded better than Ohana, where he sang it in a lower key than the album. Last night was more consistent with the key he sings in on the album, though later in the song he seemed to go lower again. Retrograde and Who Ever Said were standouts. 
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    edited May 2022

Post edited by RS65573 on
  • pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,842
    Great idea, great job. Thanks 
  • jagerweisjagerweis Los Angeles, CA Posts: 152
    I was also remiss in acknowledging how great and emotional Long Road was and that In My Tree tag in Daughter that came out of nowhere!
    jagerweis said:
    Great work! I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere but during the Satisfaction tag, Ed did mimic the Devo “I Can’t Get Me No” (Satisfaction).

love this!

• boyaxlboyaxl Posts: 46
    Setlist could not have been more boring or bland.   Mediocre show at best
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,934
    Lol.  

Love this place. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• ImcoffeegirlImcoffeegirl Posts: 275
    jagerweis said:

Also, Ed fucked up the way back into Footsteps out of the harmonica part, stepped away from the mic and came back laughing.” 

Ed was in an extremely happy mood last night. He was clearly thrilled to be back on tour and at home in SD. It was a festive atmosphere. So we were not going to get an anger driven burner set and they were clearly intent on showcasing Gigaton, which all sounded great. Superblood Wolfmoon sounded better than Ohana, where he sang it in a lower key than the album. Last night was more consistent with the key he sings in on the album, though later in the song he seemed to go lower again. Retrograde and Who Ever Said were standouts. 
    I wasn't at the show but it was great to see how happy they all were onstage. 😊
  • Charlie_modCharlie_mod Posts: 136

May I use this for either podcast/website art?

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,640
    Great photo! May I use it for the site/podcast art?
    Sure.... you want that one or maybe i have others you like? PM if you'd like
  • sdclarkysdclarky Posts: 25