where is dr. zen?
    comre
    come over
    it's on the pillow where the hand sits.
    or it's under the bed where the mind rests
    or it's you again redgo
    redress the question
    where did it go?
  • hahahhaa, the resemblance is striking!

Aside from the fact that the look is a complete rip-off, i wonder how they'll sound? I have no experience with anything Behringer has made. Hell, if they sound good and are cheaper than Boss, i wouldn't rule them out.

*Edit: those things are 25-30 bucks...i'm just gonna assume that they are piles of shit. I'm curious though, i wish there were sound clips for those.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    MEGAN wrote:
    if one could only
    bye
    i'lll
    look at the junk
    a work you woul d never said it out loutd
    where is dr. zen?
    comre
    come over
    it's on the pillow where the hand sits.
    or it's under the bed where the mind rests
    or it's you again redgo
    redress the question
    where did it go?

you'd be looking for this:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12
  • They do look awefully, ah, familiar...

Wonder how long it will be before the Electro Harmonix/Roland lawsuit is filed.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Hahaha "Metal Tone", let's see if that accomplishes to sound as shit as the "original".

Oh well I guess like the danelectro mini's, there could be some good value boxes amongst them. Who knows. On the other hand, it's still Behringer, the guitar world equivalent of a pile of dung.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Well it's not like the music world to copy a specific look. ;) Like, the strat shape, or Les Paul.. never been copied before heh

But just because of the look I wouldn't throw Behringer out the door. I used some stuff before and its been fantastic and especially for the price your paying for it! (i.e. Dirt Cheap!)
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    It's a shamed what they make those 5 year olds crank out in China and Taiwan.

I'm sure they'll make a killing before the lawsuit. Oh well, they are probably far and above the Dano mini's for around the same price.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    haha that is just too blatant...altho is it really any different from Line 6 using other brands names on their modules or whatever ya call em? I remember one of the makers complaining on harmony central's board a while back that they used one of his effects names but claimed it sounded far worse than his....
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • TavTav Posts: 63
    Effects pedals are so simple I think that a price of £30 is much better value. If you buy a distortion pedal like a big muff that costs £69...the cost for components would probably come to less than £10 if you bought them individually so for a big company buying in bulk even less...this means that they end up making about £30 more as profit...it's quite amazing how much cost to build and cost of sale vary...they'll probably be good pedals but people won't buy them cause of the name.