the pro jr i rented

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited January 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
sounds great though the 12" speaker of my deluxe reverb but like poo through it's own 10".

i'm toying with the idea of buying a cheap one on ebay and getting it made into a head.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    sounds great though the 12" speaker of my deluxe reverb but like poo through it's own 10".

i'm toying with the idea of buying a cheap one on ebay and getting it made into a head.

This just in.......that speaker sucks.

you should definately see if you can't find a Peavey 2x10 delta blues cheap first, but I love the little Fender Pro Jr. It would be cool as a head.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i'll have to measure tonight and see if i could jam a 12" weber in there or something.

cheap ebay usa pro jr+ weber = less than new mexican pro jr.
    exhausted wrote:
    i'll have to measure tonight and see if i could jam a 12" weber in there or something.

cheap ebay usa pro jr+ weber = less than new mexican pro jr.

good idea, a 10 inch weber would be fine too.

just go with this instead, Insert SG, play.

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM05/Content/Marshall/PR/Handwired-Plexi-Stack.html

the closest you can get to autoeroticism for guitar players.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    that's why i wanted the 20W JMP or whatever the tag is. the lead and bass 20.
    exhausted wrote:
    that's why i wanted the 20W JMP or whatever the tag is. the lead and bass 20.

no no no you "need" a 100 watt plexi with 8 12's how else will people in Ontario hear you play?
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    no no no you "need" a 100 watt plexi with 8 12's how else will people in Ontario hear you play?

nah. cheap pro jr with mods and order a new taylor. that's a good plan for the year.
    exhausted wrote:
    nah. cheap pro jr with mods and order a new taylor. that's a good plan for the year.

sweet. If I get the strat from Nash, I'll be overjoyed. I'm looking for a new TV too.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    sweet. If I get the strat from Nash, I'll be overjoyed. I'm looking for a new TV too.

you'd better buy that thing soon or people are going to start punching you in the nose.
    exhausted wrote:
    you'd better buy that thing soon or people are going to start punching you in the nose.

all talk and no production, hey foxymophandlemama, that's me.

I just can't find one that's perfect.
    exhausted wrote:

i've never dug the reddish "sienna sunburst" color. The damn guitar is brilliant though.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    i've never dug the reddish "sienna sunburst" color. The damn guitar is brilliant though.

i'm trying to cook up a new wiring scheme for mine. perhaps even with the proper left-handed pots so that the tone controls actually work.

gibsons are the only guitars i've played that bother to actually use left-handed pots.
    actually they just might be linear but still. i've never played a fender with usable tone controls. even my rickenbacker is like that.
    exhausted wrote:
    actually they just might be linear but still. i've never played a fender with usable tone controls. even my rickenbacker is like that.

well that certainly sucks. The bridge pickup needs a tone control and it shouldn't have to be backwards.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    well that certainly sucks. The bridge pickup needs a tone control and it shouldn't have to be backwards.

it just ends up have little effect, little effect and then *wham*, the treble clicks off at the end of the range. i hate it. i'm going to try linear pots first and then if that doesn't work, i'll get desperate and order lefties from guitarelectronics.com or something.
  • Get a Weber California 10" for that Pro Junior... very very nice...

https://weberspeakerscom.secure.powweb.com/weber/cali10f.htm

Paco, I'm going to be first in line to beat you senseless if you don't quit pining and just buy the damn Strat.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    Get a Weber California 10" for that Pro Junior... very very nice...

https://weberspeakerscom.secure.powweb.com/weber/cali10f.htm

Paco, I'm going to be first in line to beat you senseless if you don't quit pining and just buy the damn Strat.

I've had the money saved for a year too. I just can't manage to do find the right one..