decided i didn't like the b-band in the larrivee

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
as cool as the stereo pickups are and all, i just prefer the response from the baggs i-beams so i ordered one up and i'm pulling the b-band system out. luckily, the baggs are cheap on ebay and i can probably flip the b-band for enough to cover it since it's a $210US system.

i'm just not a fan of under saddle pickups and the soundboard pickup doesn't have enough output on it's own.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    exhausted wrote:
    as cool as the stereo pickups are and all, i just prefer the response from the baggs i-beams so i ordered one up and i'm pulling the b-band system out. luckily, the baggs are cheap on ebay and i can probably flip the b-band for enough to cover it since it's a $210US system.

i'm just not a fan of under saddle pickups and the soundboard pickup doesn't have enough output on it's own.

I have never been a big fan of acoustic pickups in general, the best one I have used is the fishman matrix natural... I had that in a D-28 and it worked pretty well... then again, that D-28 was a good guitar too... so it was a good match.

Good luck with the swap.
    There's No Code.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    yeah, they're sort of a necessary evil. the baggs in my taylor 355 sounds like heaven though.

i just want to get the same pickup in all three acoustics so that the character of each guitar comes out on it's own.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Good Plan Ex, speaking of which

have you guys played that new Taylor T5 yet?

I haven't been able to get my mitts on one.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    haven't even seen one yet. they look interesting though.