a great looking telecaster

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
    there has to be only like what, 7 of those in the world?
    "Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i have no idea but oh how i'd kill for one.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I bet it would sound really good with some P-90's.

hehehe...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    for 2 grand it's on the heavy side, 9 lbs for a tele?

yeah, sorry, Killjoy here. It is badass and would be nice to have
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    this is one of those fenders that, if i were a collector, i'd comb the globe to find a good example.

it does seem on the heavy side and i have no idea what the book value is but it's fun to look at regardless.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    this is one of those fenders that, if i were a collector, i'd comb the globe to find a good example.

it does seem on the heavy side and i have no idea what the book value is but it's fun to look at regardless.

oh definately. I wasn't trying to be a killjoy. It's rare as hell to begin with It'd be nice to have the $2300 or so to throw around on cool stuff like that.

I'd like to be ZZTop's personal shopper.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    i'm reduced to window shopping from here on it. i've sold my dot and biscuit so i'm down to 5 electrics, 2 acoustics and a bass. still entirely too many but i can't part with anything else.
  • That's a beautiful guitar! I bet it's got some beef to it at 9 pounds!
    It might be worth learning to play left handed for. :D
    Or stringing it hendrix style and playing upside down.

I bet it'll go for 2800 bucks , and might not be worth it now, but keep it original and it would be an investment to hang on to.

hmm,,,,I just looked up 1975 lefty tele deluxe on google:

http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetails.aspx?Item=805876
    Looks familiar!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

a tele deluxe
    a jaguar (with bound neck)
    a jazzmaster (with bound neck)
    a mustang (with a C neck) (good luck)
  • exhausted wrote:
    i'd love originals of:

a tele deluxe
    a jaguar (with bound neck)
    a jazzmaster (with bound neck)
    a mustang (with a C neck) (good luck)

I'll keep my eyes peeled!

There's a lot of fraud out there in the vintage market for fenders now! So many "made up" necks and bodies and "aged" looking pieces on Ebay. It's like art fraud.

At least Gibsons are one piece and had a little better handle on serial numbers so it's a bit tougher to duplicate,, but that's coming too, I'm sure, now that a lot of them are going for 50 grand.

I can't believe I don't own a Tele right now. I just ordered stock tele pickups from Fralin yesterday. I'll have to put one together.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    I was taught a month ago to bide my time and take it slow, but then I learned just yesterday to rush and never waste a day. Now I'm convinced the whole day long that all I've learned is always wrong. Things are true that I forget, but no one taught that to me yet