Options

🉑️ 2022 Wishlist Foundation Spring Preparty Fundraisers

Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
edited May 2022 in The Porch
2022 Wishlist Foundation Spring Preparty Fundraisers

Wishlist Foundation, the Pearl Jam fan-run grassroots 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is hosting preparty fundraisers in May on the band’s 9-date North American spring tour supporting their eleventh studio album, Gigaton. The tour kicks-off on May 3rd in San Diego and wraps with a stint in Las Vegas on May 20th. The fan fundraiser events will benefit the band’s spotlight charities as well as local charities in each city.

Volunteer | Donate

Here you will find an informational summary for each tour date fundraiser and links for more information:

Tuesday, May 3: San Diego, CA – Viejas Arena
Location: North Italia, Fashion Valley 7055 Friars Rd, San Diego CA 92108 (619) 343-2301
Beneficiaries: Guitars in the Classroom & Vitalogy Foundation Spotlight Charities
Organizer(s): Jessica B & Eden T
Socials: FB Event | FB Group

Friday and Saturday, May 6 and 7: Los Angeles, CA – The Forum
May 6: Meet-up and Donation Drop Off
May 7: Fundraiser
Common Space Brewery 3411 W El Segundo Blvd, Hawthorne CA 90250 (424) 456-4355
Beneficiaries: LA Food Bank & Vitalogy Foundation Spotlight Charities
Organizer(s): Jon Voorhies 
5/6: Socials: FB Event | FB Group
5/7: Socials: FB Event | FB Group

Monday, May 9: Phoenix, AZ – Gila River Arena
Location: McFadden’s Restaurant and Saloon 9425 W Coyotes Blvd, Glendale AZ 85305 (623) 872-0022
Beneficiaries: The Joy Bus Diner & Vitalogy Foundation Spotlight Charities
Organizer(s): Marc Atonna 

Thursday and Friday, May 12 and 13: Oakland, CA – Oakland Arena
**Fan meet-up only – no Wishlist Foundation fundraiser scheduled**
Location: The Golden Squirrel, 5940 College Ave, Oakland CA 94618 (510) 735-9220
5/12 3 PM+: Socials: FB Event | FB Group
5/13 3 PM+: Socials: FB Event | FB Group

Monday, May 16: Fresno, CA – Save Mart Arena
Organizer(s): **ORGANIZER(S) NEEDED** – email info@wishlistfoundation.org if interested
Beneficiaries: TBD & Vitalogy Foundation Spotlight Charities

Wednesday, May 18: Sacramento, CA – Golden 1 Center
Location: Punch Bowl Social 500 J St Suite 100, Sacramento, CA 95814 (916) 925-5610

Friday, May 20: Las Vegas, NV – MGM Grand Garden Arena
Location: Losers Bar at MGM Grand 3799 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas NV 89109 (702) 891-3003

TO DONATE
If you have official t-shirts, posters, stickers or any other cool Pearl Jam or side project merchandise memorabilia, music/pop culture related items, gift cards, original art or anything else you would like to donate to a preparty fundraiser, donate here! No bootleg items, please. https://tinyurl.com/wldonate

TO VOLUNTEER
We are always in need of Preparty Team volunteers to help run the fundraisers – no experience necessary! It’s a great way to directly meet new Pearl Jam fans and help out worthy organizations. If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer, sign up here! http://tinyurl.com/pjvolunteer

TO ORGANIZE
Anyone who’s organized a preparty fundraiser knows that there’s more than meets the eye when signing on to host an event. Though there is a good amount of work involved, the rewards are huge and almost everyone who has organized one of our events has loved the experience and has/will do it again. If you’ve already volunteered at a preparty fundraiser and want to take the next step and organize a fundraiser, or you’re an organizer alumni, please sign up here! http://tinyurl.com/pjvolunteer

WHAT IS A PREPARTY FUNDRAISER?
A Wishlist Foundation preparty fundraiser is a group of fans gathering before a Pearl Jam concert to meet up and make new friends. We add in the charitable aspect by supporting Pearl Jam’s Spotlight Charities and a local organization selected by the organizer of the preparty. Mix in a massive raffle of Pearl Jam fan memorabilia, an amazing auction of autographed items and some merchandise available for a donation and you’re part of the beautiful movement of fans helping to make the world a better place.

Inspired by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame legends’ music, philanthropy and activism, Pearl Jam fans volunteering with Wishlist Foundation have been fundraising in their honor for the past 16 years! The first preparty fundraiser was held on October 5, 2004 at Humphrey’s Bar & Grill in St. Louis prior to the Pearl Jam VFC concert organized by Brent Hinson and Laura Trafton. Due to its success, and the success of the 2005 Canadian preparty fundraisers, Wishlist Foundation was created.
https://youtu.be/OVJpRfigBgs

Wishlist Foundation is fan-run and not affiliated with Pearl Jam, Ten Club LLC, Pearl Jam’s Vitalogy Foundation, its management or any of its related entities.

Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
♥♥♥
Post edited by Foxy Mop on

Comments

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,353
    We're hoping for a good turnout in San Diego! Come on by for some drinks, delicious Italian food (WAY BETTER THAN AT ARENA), and check out the stuff for auction/ raffle to support the causes!!!
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,771
    The best part of the fun!
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,923
    Be there for the LA shows!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    TODAY!! 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Oops... see below for cool flyer for today's party
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Tonight!!
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Options
    If anyone is concerned about parking at Fashion Valley Mall... option is parking on lower level at Hazard Center ride one stop to Fashion Valley.  
    You'll be one stop closer on the way home. 
    Just an option
  • Options
    Or park on A1 lower level of A garage right next to transit.. That's where I'm parking

• Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    Here are the details for the Phoenix pre party on Monday...
    https://www.facebook.com/events/496859058725586/?sfnsn=mo

tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    Any Progress on Oakland N2?
  • Options

LOS ANGELES UPDATE - there's been a hiccup with the organizing of the Los Angeles events - but on the bright side, the amazing Jon Marshall Voorhies has stepped up to help at the last minute! 🦸‍♂️

As a result, Friday's event will be a meet-up only. Jon will be on hand from 4-6PM to collect any raffle and auction items for drop off.

Wishlist merchandise and limited raffle items will be available at the Saturday, May 7 fundraiser event between 4-6PM.

Volunteers are desperately needed if you have some free time to spare! Thank you all for your understanding!
    ❤❤❤

Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Phoenix Event - https://fb.me/e/7I9csWjM2
    Phoenix Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/PearlJamPhoenix/

Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,071
    edited May 2022
    Foxy Mop said:

LOS ANGELES UPDATE - there's been a hiccup with the organizing of the Los Angeles events - but on the bright side, the amazing Jon Marshall Voorhies has stepped up to help at the last minute! 🦸‍♂️

As a result, Friday's event will be a meet-up only. Jon will be on hand from 4-6PM to collect any raffle and auction items for drop off.

Wishlist merchandise and limited raffle items will be available at the Saturday, May 7 fundraiser event between 4-6PM.

Volunteers are desperately needed if you have some free time to spare! Thank you all for your understanding!
    ❤❤❤

edit: I plan on dropping off 1 LA 2006 (green hand) , 1 2013 San Diego, and one TOTD 2016 AT THE Forum posters
    Post edited by Lizard on
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard said:
    Foxy Mop said:

❤❤❤

edit: I plan on dropping off 1 LA 2006 (green hand) , 1 2013 San Diego, and one TOTD 2016 AT THE Forum posters
    Awesome - thanks so much! I let Jon know to expect your donation & please fill out the form there, so we can give you a tax receipt. Hope you have a great time at the preparty & shows. Thanks again!! :)<3
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Charlie_modCharlie_mod Posts: 110
    Thanks to Common Space & Wishlist Foundation
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    Countdown to Oakland. Any luck organizing a get together?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Stop by the Pearl Jam Oakland Wishlist Preparty Meetup on showdays from 3PM+ at The Golden Squirrel to hang out with friends & celebrate the concert that night!
    Right off the Rockridge BART station at 5940 College Ave.
    Hope to see you there!
    Post edited by Foxy Mop on
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥