i wonder what a mustang.....

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
with two lil'59s in it would sound like? perhaps that would negate the inherent jangly charm of the mustang though.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    with two lil'59s in it would sound like? perhaps that would negate the inherent jangly charm of the mustang though.

It wouldn't be jangly, but it might work. It'd be snarly. What if you made the body out of Rosewood or Mahogany? That might work.

You'd have to get it routed for lil 59's too, I'd think it would need slightly larger slots. I'd imagine it would be pretty killer for a rock guitar. I mean, I know strats sound cool with them. less body but if you had a more dense body and neck, wow, good idea.

or it could go over about as well as the jazz bastard, who knows.

warmoth has them in swamp ash. and all you'd need is to get the PG with slightly bigger slots because it's cut for buckers. I think that would be awesome. Racing stripes. sweet.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    warmoth won't make a lefty.

i'm watching an MIJ basswood bodied one on the bay right now. a day after i said i was done buying shit. it's at $405 right now. any higher and i'm out. i want one on the cheap since it would get carved.

i'm an idiot, what can i say. i know it's wracked with design flaws but i don't care.

there are some fricking gorgeous right handed vintage stangs up right now.
    upon research, the lil59 fits in the stock pg.
    exhausted wrote:
    upon research, the lil59 fits in the stock pg.

sweet, It'd be fun to try anyway. Light enough to throw around too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    i have OCD when comes to thinking up ways to destroy guitars it seems.
    exhausted wrote:
    i have OCD when comes to thinking up ways to destroy guitars it seems.

meh, at least you are doing it to classics and not plexi glass bodied BC Rich's.

it could actually turn out good this way.
    here's the switch modification of choice.

http://jag-stang.com/switchingMod.htm

and the guitar.
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33039&item=7308647997&rd=1

i should buy my wife a right-handed one and act out that liz phair fantasy.
    exhausted wrote:
    here's the switch modification of choice.

http://jag-stang.com/switchingMod.htm

and the guitar.
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33039&item=7308647997&rd=1

i should buy my wife a right-handed one and act out that liz phair fantasy.

aw man you have to get that, that's really really cool, seafoam green with the red pearloid pickguard. My first thought I don't really know why is to play I See Red or some Ramones songs with the buckers installed, it's very sonic youthish.

I don't see many seafoam green ones at all. Usually they are black and white or blue or red

Definately get the wife one, white with the matching red P/G.
    drop the tremolo back to block and stabilize it, put 11s or 12 on it and it's good to go.

fun little project. someone will snipe it at the end of the auction though.

speaking of projects, i've almost got how to stick my pharaoh boost into my stratocaster figured out.

i just need a push/pull poll to replace on the of the tone controls and a slick place to stick the battery into the tremolo cavity without having to route it. i can stick the circuit board to the back of the pot itself. i think there's room.
    exhausted wrote:
    drop the tremolo back to block and stabilize it, put 11s or 12 on it and it's good to go.

fun little project. someone will snipe it at the end of the auction though.

speaking of projects, i've almost got how to stick my pharaoh boost into my stratocaster figured out.

i just need a push/pull poll to replace on the of the tone controls and a slick place to stick the battery into the tremolo cavity without having to route it. i can stick the circuit board to the back of the pot itself. i think there's room.

cool, that will be fun. I'd keep it on all the time anyway, lots more power out of the strat, more room on the floor.

Spare parts to play with.
    i've always wanted a fender mustang finished to match my ford mustang.... hmmm.

refinish in bright red with a white comp stripe and white pg..... hmmmm.
    ah crap...... outbid. i'm not going any higher for a less than pristine copy.

at least now i don't have to sell something else i guess.

paco, is the keeley deal still all cool? just making sure.
    exhausted wrote:
    ah crap...... outbid. i'm not going any higher for a less than pristine copy.

at least now i don't have to sell something else i guess.

paco, is the keeley deal still all cool? just making sure.

oh crap, I had meant to do that already. yeah it's cool.
    wicked. i'll mail it tomorrow. thank you.
    exhausted wrote:
    wicked. i'll mail it tomorrow. thank you.

yeah thanks for creating that problem for me, now I have to move the Rat.

I still need to sell or trade my UC. Oh wait, friday is a holiday. Morning in the studio, afternoon at Guitar Center. Kick Ass!