Roskilde Festival 2000

JHirschbeinJHirschbein Posts: 75
edited July 2023 in The Porch
 I know this may sound a little morbid...but does full footage or audio of this concert exist?
Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    It might exist somewhere but I very much hope it never surfaces. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,821
    edited April 2022
    It's on the "Not For Trade" list and for obvious reasons. This list doesn't mean stuff *isn't* out there, but it could mean bad things if you get caught trading it.

Basically, it's:

Anything for sale from the band, 10C or other outlets. This includes studio and live stuff.

Eddie Vedder solo stuff (obviously, festivals are exempt.) ... I'm not sure if The Earthlings are part of this, but think of the stuff pre-Earthings where he had the reel-to-reel machine and was truly solo. I could be wrong, but I think a lot of the Earthlings stuff was pulled from YouTube.

The 6/30/2000 show.

And I really want to say there were two other things on that list.

With that said, it's always been my belief that the show was professionally recorded...or at least the first 45-60 minutes. Given the tragic circumstances and what I'm sure was just the worst chaos, I'm sure that nobody thought to shut down the recording material until much later on. Obviously, some stuff takes a back seat.

With that said, the last night of the tour was #72. IIRC, two shows were canceled. Those two, plus Roskilde, plus the other 72 makes a nice round 75.

The tricky one is the soundboard recordings of the 2000 tour. There was a time when those were freely tradeable. When those were released via Nugs, *technically* they *probably* should have gone back on the NFT list...

And I think this may be the first time I mentioned the NFT list when NFT now means something else.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • scgodbold1scgodbold1 Fort Worth, Texas Posts: 57
    Audio definitely exists. I've heard it. A bootleg version was available in 2002 at a London flea market that I happened upon. Did not buy it for obvious reasons.
  • UKBgirlUKBgirl Posts: 99
    I've noticed an uptick in "snippets" surfacing on YouTube in the last year, usually footage of Ed breaking down on stage and even the audio of him addressing the crowd as things unfolded. 

It's usually hidden amongst something else and it's hideous.  Anytime it's happened I've reported it.  
This discussion has been closed.