i rescued my epi dot

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited May 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
i bought my epi dot back from the shop tonight. for less than i traded it in for months ago. and it still has the 57 classics in it.

score!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    Better return than trying to work the stock market! :D
    Congrats!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

the pots are all fried but it's been that way since new. i *need* to get that rectified. yes, i replaced the pickups and not the pots and switch. shame on me. :p
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    See?

Procrastination is a GOOD thing! :D
    Somebody was probably playing around with it and thought it sounded too scratchy and never bought it. Now you have your second chance!

I tend to do that, too. Do all this work on a guitar, and the cord will still keep falling out because I never replace the jack.
    What is it they say?,,,, the shoemaker's kids go barefoot!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    it wasn't hocked. i had traded it for a shit load of pedals.
  • MissYouAllDayMissYouAllDay Posts: 939
    Thats a crazy deal,

What were those guys thinking? How are they in buisness?

Like what would guess is the regular markup on a guitar?

Like they buy a strat for 300CA sell for 450CA? something like that
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i think it had more to do with the left-handedness and the fact that the guitar is in such a price range that a normal buyer of that calibre of instrument wouldn't pay a premium for the upgraded pickups.

it's a cheap guitar. but there's something good about this particular one so i was glad to get my mitts back on it.

normally, on a trade in, they'll give you 80% of what they'd sticker it as. i guess this is just a weird case.

same for my resonator that is still sitting there with $400 worth of pickups in a $600 guitar and it's on for $650.

my guitars are weird.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I didn't realize you'd sold it... I would've bought those pups off you... but now you have it back. But if you don't want those pups anymore...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.