Fresno Full Album Show

Would this be possible here? I think this would be the best place to hear one. What albums have not been played in full?

Comments

• RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,640
    Definitely possible. Word on the street is they’re gonna play Backspacer. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,640
    RS151862 said:
    🤣🤣🤣🤣 perfect for Fresno
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    Possible anywhere. Would be funny if Fresno was greatest hits though with all the speculation like this 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 770
    edited April 2022
    NO!  Vitalogy!!

*Edit: (Wishful thinking to be sure).

But if they do "greatest hits", no one will ever go back to Fresno again.
    Post edited by OfThePearl on
  • I'D RATHER BE said:
    Would this be possible here? I think this would be the best place to hear one. What albums have not been played in full?
    Thriller
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,400
    Rewarding sub par cities that can't sell seats with album shows is bad form. People want to be at those shows. My opinion (which is irreleavnt) is it would be awesome for a city that had to wait. LA1, 2, phx or oakland1/2 would be rad. SD gets enough cool things! 

I think vitalogy, riot act, backspacer, LB, Gigaton? 

I think Vitalogy or RA would be hits. The others .. maybe..?
  • Rewarding sub par cities that can't sell seats with album shows is bad form. People want to be at those shows. My opinion (which is irreleavnt) is it would be awesome for a city that had to wait. LA1, 2, phx or oakland1/2 would be rad. SD gets enough cool things! 

Best to punish these subpar cities. 
  • Most people coming to this show are Ten Club members. I would imagine a lot of tickets will be given away through radio stations to make the arena full. Why not reward the fan club with a really cool show?
    Most people coming to this show are Ten Club members. I would imagine a lot of tickets will be given away through radio stations to make the arena full. Why not reward the fan club with a really cool show?

I'm hoping for this.
    Why punish those who ARE there and made the extra effort?
    (The only way to punish those who don't come is to make them regret it!)

This was the only 2000 west leg show I missed, and still regret it. I was home making a custom shirt for Footsteps, to wear to the following show. And of course, they played Footsteps in Fresno...

Hopefully they will at least play it again.
    (Though I know Ed keeps track of songs played in each city...Exception please!)
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    Most people coming to this show are Ten Club members. I would imagine a lot of tickets will be given away through radio stations to make the arena full. Why not reward the fan club with a really cool show?
    Seeing there are only 14 replies in the Fresno roll call thread, it’s probably safe to assume there won’t be many 10club members there. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Seeing there are only 14 replies in the Fresno roll call thread, it’s probably safe to assume there won’t be many 10club members there. 
    Lol amazing 
    Rewarding sub par cities that can't sell seats with album shows is bad form. People want to be at those shows. My opinion (which is irreleavnt) is it would be awesome for a city that had to wait. LA1, 2, phx or oakland1/2 would be rad. SD gets enough cool things! 

They got a PJ show. Count their blessings! Better then hundreds of other places!  Not rewarding them with something extra is now punishment
  • Most people coming to this show are Ten Club members. I would imagine a lot of tickets will be given away through radio stations to make the arena full. Why not reward the fan club with a really cool show?
    Maybe all the people shitting on Fresno here will show up and prove you wrong!
  • Rewarding sub par cities that can't sell seats with album shows is bad form. People want to be at those shows. My opinion (which is irreleavnt) is it would be awesome for a city that had to wait. LA1, 2, phx or oakland1/2 would be rad. SD gets enough cool things! 

They got a PJ show. Count their blessings! Better then hundreds of other places!  Not rewarding them with something extra is now punishment
    right? gotta love this place.

Not right. Bad reading. 
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps Posts: 2,209
    edited April 2022

Not right. Bad reading. 
    I'm agreeing with jimjam, not necessarily that it would be bad form to play an album show in fresno, i hope they do for those going. but to think it would be a punishment to the fresno fans to not get some Special Leg show, you gotta love this place. 
    Post edited by rustneversleeps on
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    RS151862 said:
    Front to back and then back to front

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • ClownofThornsClownofThorns Posts: 165
    edited April 2022

Not right. Bad reading. 
    I'm agreeing with jimjam. 
    I know. You agreed with the bad reading. No one is suggesting that "not rewarding them with something extra is now punishment." Instead, someone is mocking a) calling the cities "subpar;" and 2) the notion that some shows should be "rewarded" and others shouldn't. 

EDIT: That sounds way more dickish than I intended. I was just messing around--having some fun. Please don't read too much into it. All is good. 
    Post edited by ClownofThorns on
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    Who said I was shitting on Fresno?? Hell, I hope it's a good show for those who go. I probably would have gone but opted to go with Vegas since I was already doing both OAK shows & the SAC show. 
    Who said I was shitting on Fresno?? Hell, I hope it's a good show for those who go. I probably would have gone but opted to go with Vegas since I was already doing both OAK shows & the SAC show. 
    Being light hearted! Or at least trying to be. I'd rather be doing the four shows you're seeing than Fresno, for sure. 

I'm hoping for this.

This was the only 2000 west leg show I missed, and still regret it. I was home making a custom shirt for Footsteps, to wear to the following show. And of course, they played Footsteps in Fresno...

ClownofThorns said:

Not right. Bad reading. 
    I know. You agreed with the bad reading. No one is suggesting that "not rewarding them with something extra is now punishment." Instead, someone is mocking a) calling the cities "subpar;" and 2) the notion that some shows should be "rewarded" and others shouldn't. 
    don't think i read this wrong.  this exchange is what i find amusing.  

I'm hoping for this.

ClownofThorns said:

Not right. Bad reading. 
    My apologies. 
    I should have clarified subpar sales in these cities as to not drag the city. 

I'm hoping for this.

ClownofThorns said:

Not right. Bad reading. 
    My apologies. 
    none needed, enjoy the show. hopefully its a gem. 
    I think there was some misinterpretation or bad reading. It sure made me feel foolish that my comments were found to be so amusing. But I'll get over it.

To clarify:

I'D RATHER BE said that most people coming to this show were 10c, and why not reward the fan club with a really cool show.

I merely said that I was hoping for this.

(Who's Not hoping for a cool fan club show?)

I then reacted to another post that basically said that places with low ticket sales shouldn't get nice things. That's what I was referring to when I said "Why punish those who ARE there, and made the extra effort?"
    I never said that not getting something extra is a punishment. I just objected to the idea that those who Did buy tickets are considered undeserving because of those who Didn't buy tickets! (low sales)
    I thought perhaps the fans that made the extra effort to go to this out of the way town would be the ones this show is aimed at, not those who didn't.
    And maybe play a show that those who didn't attend would wish they had gone to.

I never thought I would spend so much time defending Fresno, lol ! I'd never be going there if it weren't for PJ!

Its all good
    Peace!
  • I'D RATHER BEI'D RATHER BE Posts: 551
    I thought perhaps the fans that made the extra effort to go to this out of the way town would be the ones this show is aimed at, not those who didn't.
    And maybe play a show that those who didn't attend would wish they had gone to.

I never thought I would spend so much time defending Fresno, lol ! I'd never be going there if it weren't for PJ!

Its all good
    Peace!
    This is exactly what I am talking about!
  • JZ280705JZ280705 Posts: 87
    When I lived in Manhattan, I traveled to these tertiary cities for shows like PJ, McCartney, etc.  even with hotel and plane fare, still far cheaper.  
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 519
      Strummer's in Fresno is a cool little place to see an intimate live music event.

Like, really cool if Pearl Jam had a "secret show" for 10C members, in my dreams, lol...
  • I'D RATHER BEI'D RATHER BE Posts: 551
    They seem to really like to play the Gigaton songs. If they were to play the whole thing, this would be the place to do that or any other album!
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Posts: 810
    NO!  Vitalogy!!

*Edit: (Wishful thinking to be sure).

But if they do "greatest hits", no one will ever go back to Fresno again.
    Reiterating the take that they should totally do it backwards. Walk onstage to Stupid Mop, open with Immortality. Gradual buildup to Last Exit.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    Contributor & Patron - liveon4legs.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10 | 2024: Vegas 5/16-&-18, Indy? Wrigley 2?

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris