cheap fuzzheads

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited May 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://search.ebay.com/keeley-fuzz_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

i see a lot of these things go up for sale.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    wow, those are cheap.

The Fulltone DIstortion pro's are like that too.

I'm thinking of selling both my keeley's for an analogman Sunlion.

I'm definately selling the comp. It's completely superfluous right now.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i just bought a sunface. :(
    exhausted wrote:
    i just bought a sunface. :(

correction, you just bought THE sunface. :D

I hope it does what you want it too. It should.

expensive little shiny box though.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    it should be everything i need in a fuzz.

i thought about grabbing a fuzzhead but yeah, the sunface is *the* fuzz right now.
    exhausted wrote:
    it should be everything i need in a fuzz.

i thought about grabbing a fuzzhead but yeah, the sunface is *the* fuzz right now.

yeah the fuzz head is more or less a lead boost. I don't really think of it as a fuzz face. Didn't you say you had a whammy too? That should be one hell of a combo. One issue would be the volume, but the hotplate will take care of that and the V30 should just fit gorgeously with that thing.
    i've got a whammy...... for now.....

i have to sit and assess the gear that i have and what does what and what is redundant etc. etc.

having a dedicated, extremely flexible synthesizer in the micro korg may render the whammy redundant as well.

as in, concentrate on really awesome guitar tone with a handful of pedals and then make all the weird noises with keyboards and protools effects.

that would mean:
    fuzz factory gone
    whammy gone
    maxon compressor gone (i tend to compress my guitar tracks afterwards in protools plus my guitar is very compressed in the first place because the amp is saturated.)

the sunface can't be any louder than the factory and will be much warmer (hopefully) and controllable.