People who don't like Sirens suck

13»

Comments

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,251
    People who just offer these types of opinions on shit but have never created anything worthwhile artistically in their entire lives suck. 
    Someone having an opinion that they don’t like a song doesn’t necessarily mean they suck. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,456
    mcatake said:
    Sirens has deep meaning for me.  Jan. 13, 2014 my 2 month old daughter stopped breathing while we were just relaxing at home.  I  performed CPR in attempt to resuscitate her until paramedics arrived. she had turned completely blue and it was another 10 minutes before the paramedics were able to get her to finally gasp for breath.  I spent the next 24 hours in the hospital and left my wife at the hospital so I could go home to care for our two year old son. As I'm driving home I turn the radio on for some distraction and it's on PJ Radio (of course).  Sirens starts playing.  The lyrics spoke to me at that moment like no other song in my life.  

Oh, had to take your hand, and feel your breath
    For fear this someday will be over
    I pull you close, so much to lose
    Knowing that, nothing lasts forever
    I didn't care, before you were here
    I danced in laughter, with the ever after
    But all things change, let this remain

I had to pull over as the lyrics hit me like a ton of bricks as the gravity of the situation really sunk in as her fate was still unknown.  She was finally released after 3.5 weeks.  She made a full recover and today she is a perfectly healthy and extremely sharp 8 year old girl.  So, yeah, Sirens is special and it fucking rocks.  
    That's awesome...I can't imagine going through that
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    Oh F me, sorry OP; I read the title as "people who like Sirens suck".  My apology directly to you.  My apologies to all who responded to this thread, my bad.

but now to enforce the OP's thread, these lyrics are chilling and 100% realistic.  You just never know.  Here one minute, gone the next.

It's a fragile thing 
    This life we lead 

If I think too much I can get over-
    Whelmed by the grace

By which we live our lives 
    With death over our shoulders
    I hear the sirens more and more in this here town

no

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • People who just offer these types of opinions on shit but have never created anything worthwhile artistically in their entire lives suck. 
    Someone having an opinion that they don’t like a song doesn’t necessarily mean they suck. 
    I just don't get what the goal is with declaring that you don't like a song. To me, that kind of person is just a hater and yes, they suck. Who cares that you don't like a song? Keep that to yourself and get over it. There are a billion songs out there that I don't like. I don't feel the need to proclaim it to the world and dump on someone's art. You think you can do better, then do it. Otherwise, stfu. 

Sirens is great. Do I think every song they've ever released is great? No. But again, I don't have the audacity to think that anyone cares what I think, nor do I think it's productive or beneficial to the world to announce things that I don't like.   
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
    People who just offer these types of opinions on shit but have never created anything worthwhile artistically in their entire lives suck. 
    I just don't get what the goal is with declaring that you don't like a song. To me, that kind of person is just a hater and yes, they suck. Who cares that you don't like a song? Keep that to yourself and get over it. There are a billion songs out there that I don't like. I don't feel the need to proclaim it to the world and dump on someone's art. You think you can do better, then do it. Otherwise, stfu. 

Sirens is great. Do I think every song they've ever released is great? No. But again, I don't have the audacity to think that anyone cares what I think, nor do I think it's productive or beneficial to the world to announce things that I don't like.   
    The thread called out people that don't like it....people that don't like it are responding.

Chill out Francis

• People who just offer these types of opinions on shit but have never created anything worthwhile artistically in their entire lives suck. 

The thread called out people that don't like it....people that don't like it are responding.

Chill out Francis
    And I'm responding to those people. Like you. How many hit songs have you written? Can you even play an instrument? Why do you think anyone cares to hear about you not liking a song? I couldn't care less to hear about stuff you don't like. You're just putting negativity out into the world. I recommend focusing on things that you actually like and discard those things that you don't. 
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • TA243471TA243471 Posts: 1,234

Chill out Francis
    And I'm responding to those people. Like you. How many hit songs have you written? Can you even play an instrument? Why do you think anyone cares to hear about you not liking a song? I couldn't care less to hear about stuff you don't like. You're just putting negativity out into the world. I recommend focusing on things that you actually like and discard those things that you don't. 

I think rather than responding to anyone, maybe you should just ask to speak to the manager.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula
  • TA243471 said:

Chill out Francis

I think rather than responding to anyone, maybe you should just ask to speak to the manager.
    I know it must hurt to learn that your opinion doesn't matter. 
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799

Chill out Francis
    OMG, I usually don't get movie references (as I am a woman and it seems to be a man thing) but I got that right away.  Great movie!  Thanks for the laugh

Chill out Francis
    OMG, I usually don't get movie references (as I am a woman and it seems to be a man thing) but I got that right away.  Great movie!  Thanks for the laugh
    The proper quote is "Lighten up, Francis" but it's not surprising that someone who doesn't like Sirens doesn't have an ear for the nuance of good writing. 
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2