LA - Flying Solo

PJ N DCPJ N DC Posts: 184
The new dates have affected my concert partner and I will now be going to the shows solo.  Anyone else in a similar situation? Anyone looking to meet up over the couple of days and grab drinks/lunch/pre-game/etc.?
92 - (Lollapalooza)
96 - Columbia,MD
98 - VA Beach
00 - VA Beach, Columbia, MD
03 - Pittsburgh, State College, Bristow, VA, Scranton
05 - St. Johns, Newfoundland, Pittsburgh, Newark, The Vic
08 - Washington, DC (EV Solo), VA Beach, Washington, DC
09 - Philadelphia (EV Solo) & Philadelphia (Spectrum Shows)
10 - Bristow
12 - Philadelphia (Made in America Festival)
13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte
14 - St. Louis, MO
16 - Hampton, VA, Philadelphia 2, New York City 1&2
18 - Seattle 1 & Seattle 2
22 - LA 1 & LA 2, Hamilton, ON, Toronto, Nashville, TN
23 - Ft. Worth 1 & Ft. Worth 2, Austin 1 & Austin 2
24 - LA 1 & LA 2, MSG 1, Philadelphia 2, Baltimore 

Comments

• julieferjuliefer Posts: 395
    I think I saw some people mention attending solo in the fb group, if you're on fb, https://www.facebook.com/groups/PearlJamLosAngeles
  • PJ N DCPJ N DC Posts: 184
    juliefer said:
    I think I saw some people mention attending solo in the fb group, if you're on fb, https://www.facebook.com/groups/PearlJamLosAngeles

Thank you Juliefer.....much appreciated.
    92 - (Lollapalooza)
    96 - Columbia,MD
    98 - VA Beach
    10 - Bristow
    14 - St. Louis, MO
  • SpartanacusSpartanacus Posts: 828
    edited April 2022
    I did a solo concert trip from San Diego to LA for Temple of the Dog.  Luckily I heard some TOTD music playing by the pool at the crappy hotel I was staying at down the road from The Forum, and ended up striking up a friendship with two guys, and even gave them a ride to the venue.  Unfortunately one of them overdid it beforehand.  He wanted to skip the show and sleep it off in my car and I told him hell no (for the good of him and my car).  He ended up going in with his more sober buddy, but badly sprained his ankle pretty early on and they amazingly left early just to walk/limp a couple miles back to the hotel, missing most of the show. 

Anyways, it should be a good adventure for you!  I will be there for both shows, but I'm bringing a daughter to each one (their first at ages 16 and 17).  Staying at the Hyatt Regency LAX this time.
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 654
    A true cautionary tale.  I'll try not to be that guy (although I've been that guy before).  A sprained ankle or worse would definitely throw a kink in the plans I have for the rest of the trip.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • PJ N DCPJ N DC Posts: 184
    I did a solo concert trip from San Diego to LA for Temple of the Dog.  Luckily I heard some TOTD music playing by the pool at the crappy hotel I was staying at down the road from The Forum, and ended up striking up a friendship with two guys, and even gave them a ride to the venue.  Unfortunately one of them overdid it beforehand.  He wanted to skip the show and sleep it off in my car and I told him hell no (for the good of him and my car).  He ended up going in with his more sober buddy, but badly sprained his ankle pretty early on and they amazingly left early just to walk/limp a couple miles back to the hotel, missing most of the show. 

Anyways, it should be a good adventure for you!  I will be there for both shows, but I'm bringing a daughter to each one (their first at ages 16 and 17).  Staying at the Hyatt Regency LAX this time.
    What a story....very cool to see your daughters sharing the love for PJ!
    92 - (Lollapalooza)
    96 - Columbia,MD
    98 - VA Beach
    10 - Bristow
    14 - St. Louis, MO
  • SpartanacusSpartanacus Posts: 828
    PJ N DC said:

What a story....very cool to see your daughters sharing the love for PJ!
    Yes, it has been far too long that they've had to endure life without seeing PJ live.  :)  I'm really excited for them.  My 16 year old has been checking them out on Spotify (though I told them they should listen to the entire catalog in order, from Ten to Gigaton), and her favorite is Superblood Wolfmoon.  
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • PJ N DC said:
    The new dates have affected my concert partner and I will now be going to the shows solo.  Anyone else in a similar situation? Anyone looking to meet up over the couple of days and grab drinks/lunch/pre-game/etc.?
    I'm doing the LA shows solo. PM me. 
  • MarieowMarieow Posts: 75
    I'm going to night 2 solo. I'd love to join any orphans! :)
    San Jose, California (October 30, 1993), San Francisco, California (June 24, 1995), San Jose, California (November 04, 1995), Mountain View, California (October 30, 1999), Mountain View, California (October 31, 2000), Mountain View, California (October 20, 2001), Mountain View, California (October 21, 2001), Mountain View, California (June 01, 2003),San Diego, California (June 05, 2003), Mountain View, California (October 25, 2003), Mountain View, California (October 26, 2003), Kissimmee, Florida (October 08, 2004), San Francisco, California (July 15, 2006), San Francisco, California (July 16, 2006), San Francisco, California (July 18, 2006),  Mountain View, California (October 21, 2006), Mountain View, California (October 22, 2006), San Francisco, California (August 28, 2009), Mountain View, California (October 23, 2010), Mountain View, California (October 24, 2010), Vancouver, British Columbia (September 25, 2011), Oakland, CA (November 26, 2013), Mountain View, CA (October 25, 2014), Mountain View, CA (October 26, 2014), Chicago Night 1 (August 18, 2018), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Ohana Festival (September 25, 2021), Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021), Ohana Festival Encore Weekend (October 01, 2021), Ohana Festival Encore Weekend (October 02, 2021), Los Angeles (May 07, 2022), Oakland (May 12, 2022), Oakland (May 13, 2022), Fresno (May 16, 2022), St Paul (August 31, 2023), St Paul (September 02, 2023), Chicago (September 05, 2023), Chicago (September 07, 2023), Ft Worth (September 13, 2023), Ft Worth (September 15, 2023), Austin (September 19, 2023), Austin (September 18, 2023)
  • scgodbold1scgodbold1 Fort Worth, Texas Posts: 57
    I'm basically solo for both LA shows if anyone needs a ride to the Forum from the LAX area. I plan to pick 1 person up from the LAX Sheraton around 4:30 pm Friday. We can fit 2 or 3 more for the 10 minute drive.
    And if you can find me a GA for LA2 I'll buy you some merch!

Chris
  • ClownofThornsClownofThorns Posts: 165
    I'm basically solo for both LA shows if anyone needs a ride to the Forum from the LAX area. I plan to pick 1 person up from the LAX Sheraton around 4:30 pm Friday. We can fit 2 or 3 more for the 10 minute drive.
    And if you can find me a GA for LA2 I'll buy you some merch!

Chris
    I'm gonna have to roll into the show a little later than you're going, but I'd love to hook up with you for a ride back (if you're headed toward LAX). I'm at the Hilton, very near the Sheraton. 
    Anyone have an opinion on Holiday Inn LAX vs Hilton LAX?  Similar in price.  Holiday Inn maybe 1/2 mile closer to the venue.  I assume walking to/back is out of the question for safety reasons?
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    Hilton is a nicer hotel overall (4 vs 3 star) so if price is close that would be my choice. Don't think walking back is a viable option at that time of night 
    Anywhere good to drink near these airport hotels, or people just drinking at the hotel bars?
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited May 2022
    ddeschler said:
    Anyone have an opinion on Holiday Inn LAX vs Hilton LAX?  Similar in price.  Holiday Inn maybe 1/2 mile closer to the venue.  I assume walking to/back is out of the question for safety reasons?
    LAX is in Westchester which is a nice area. My best friend has lived there for like 15 years and we walk around all the time at night when I get out there. Once you get into Inglewood it’s gets more sketchy where the forum is but with a show going on there will be a lot of people around 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on