LA2 Song Request: Please play WASH for my 50th show

Hello everyone my name is Jeremy. I am 36 and from Jersey. My first show was in Camden NJ (Night 2) in 2006. I was 20 years old, working two jobs while going to college. At the time I knew Pearl Jam from the radio and of course from hearing “Jeremy Spoken” shouted at me in class and in the halls all through high school.

Anyway, one day while at work, a co-worker who also worked at what was then called the Tweeter Center, invited everyone one to come to the concert that night. She was working as a ticket scanner that night and could get anyone who wanted to go, into the venue with any ticket stub.  She insisted that Pearl Jam puts on a great show and if we were free we wouldn’t want to miss it. So me and another coworker had nothing going on and decided to go see some live music.

I remember the show like it was yesterday. Eddie came out early to play a song and I remember thinking how cool it was for the headliner to come out early and play a song before their main set. When the band finally came out I remember the energy of crowd being electrifying. Then the band opened with Wash and I have been mesmerized ever since.

I didn’t know a lot of the songs outside of their “hits” but by the end of the show I was completely blown away by what I just saw. The next time they came around New Jersey was in 2008 and I knew I needed to see both shows this time. I really couldn’t pinpoint what it was exactly but knew I needed to see as many shows as possible. After that I did all four of the Spectrum shows (Night 3 was the best) even though I had three shows under by belt at this point looking back I was still too fresh and still discovering the band to really appreciate what I was seeing. From there the rest is history. The first shows I traveled for were the PJ20 shows. Then in 2014 I embarked on a solo road trip starting from NJ going to ACL2 all the way through Denver totaling almost 8k miles round trip. I did my first overseas shows in 2018 going to London and the Italy shows. 

To wrap this up I would like to humbly request the song that started me on my Pearl Jam journey. I would love to hear WASH for LA2 which will be my 50th show. 

There has been many great shows and I’ve had the opportunity to explore cities all around the world. I have also had the pleasure of meeting  some of the most amazing people throughout my travels. This band has given me many life experiences that I can never pay back. I mean I still owe them money for the first show I snuck into. 

Comments

• Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,616
    I would love Wash. Be it N1, or N2.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 770
    Same here. Love Wash.
  • link41486link41486 Posts: 76
    Show day bump.