so i sold a bunch of pedals

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
the uniphase is gone.
the tweakfuzz is gone.
the dynacomp is gone.
the CE-2 auction met reserve.
the OC-2 should sell though it hasn't met reserve yet.

i'm buying a choralflange, or an HBE THC and maybe a sun face (again).

that should work.

yay for provincial prosperity cheques.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    get a Sun Lion instead :D Or, trust me on this, instead of buying a Sun Face again.....get crazy. BJF Pink Purple Fuzz, (warning: causes addiction to scandanivan effects pedals)

really, besides "nobodys fault but mine" what are you really gonna do with a chorale Flange?

why not an FM4 instead? That's you man.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i like chorus. i know it's dumb. but i like chorus. i don't care about the flange.

the FM4 only has a couple models that i like. and i can replicate them with the fxjunkie pack in my POD.

there is a sun lion on ebay right now.
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/Analogman-Sunlion-analog-man-brand-new-Sun-Lion-2in1_W0QQitemZ7383879761QQcategoryZ41418QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

there's also a sun face up right now too.
    exhausted wrote:
    i like chorus. i know it's dumb. but i like chorus. i don't care about the flange.

the FM4 only has a couple models that i like. and i can replicate them with the fxjunkie pack in my POD.

there is a sun lion on ebay right now.
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/Analogman-Sunlion-analog-man-brand-new-Sun-Lion-2in1_W0QQitemZ7383879761QQcategoryZ41418QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

there's also a sun face up right now too.

Nice, you know analog man has a pretty nice chorus too.

If you're really into it, I'll sell you my Ultimate Chorus for 100 bucks, 2x12's stereo ins and outs a great chorus for what it is. :D Sounds great in the living room with the new Strat.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    analog man's is the EHX chorus though. i'm looking at the CE-1 side of things. but the CE-2 just isn't doing it for me. the HBE THC looks nice but their sound clips don't work.

retrosonic makes an exact CE-1 clone but it's sort of limited in control, like the original.

the BJ fuzz looks good. i'll have to take a listen to sound clips.

and the ultimate chorus would be great, as kindling.
    exhausted wrote:
    analog man's is the EHX chorus though. i'm looking at the CE-1 side of things. but the CE-2 just isn't doing it for me. the HBE THC looks nice but their sound clips don't work.

retrosonic makes an exact CE-1 clone but it's sort of limited in control, like the original.

the BJ fuzz looks good. i'll have to take a listen to sound clips.

and the ultimate chorus would be great, as kindling.

The sun lions probably gonna be more than you want to pay, I just am enamoured with Marc Fords redonkulous tone on their last tour.

The BJ is really great only a bit more than the Sun Face. Really, harmonically complex, is the best way to describe BJ stuff.

The UC will make someone a nice beginner/intermediate amp. It served me very well anyway.
    a guy i used to jam with had on ultimate chorus so i have bad memories of icepick tone.

the sunlion is cool but i'm not interested in the rangemaster side.

the BJ fuzz looks appealing and if i like the clips, i'll just wait until tonefactor has them in stock.

the fuzz side of things isn't my primary focus right now though. i'm working on clean tones mostly because i'm gearing up to record a bunch of things with quieter guitars but using my amps instead of the POD. i can get away with recording low gain in real air.

it's so frustrating, every time i pick up the guitar i can come up with a bunch of little riffs and things but i can't put them together into songs. so i end up with all these boring songs just based on chord patterns. blah.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    exhausted wrote:
    the uniphase is gone.

Which shall soon be mine! I've been on a pedal buying binge lately, I think as incentive to actually use and play around with the setting on my Blues Junior, instead of using the MicroCube all the time. I have the Uniphase, a BD-2 and a Vox McCoy Wah on the way. Now I'm debating a delay of some kind and a Fender Blender and I'll be good for awhile. Or so I tell myself.
    moster78 wrote:
    Now I'm debating a delay of some kind and a Fender Blender and I'll be good for awhile. Or so I tell myself.

it never ends with pedals. it's a bottomless pit some times.

the uni should work very well with the BD-2. and the mccoy wah is quite nice. i'm just waiting for a new pot for mine. i got a good deal on the one i bought but the pot is shot. :(
    exhausted wrote:
    it never ends with pedals. it's a bottomless pit some times.

the uni should work very well with the BD-2. and the mccoy wah is quite nice. i'm just waiting for a new pot for mine. i got a good deal on the one i bought but the pot is shot. :(

Cool. They all should be arriving in a few days. I'm just curious whats the best way to chain them all together. At the moment I only have a SD-1 and a DS-2, which it doesn't seem to matter which way it goes. But I'm guessing Wah -> SD-1 -> BD-2 -> DS-2 -> Uniphase. If and when I get the delay and the Fender Blender, where would they best be located?
    moster78 wrote:
    Cool. They all should be arriving in a few days. I'm just curious whats the best way to chain them all together. At the moment I only have a SD-1 and a DS-2, which it doesn't seem to matter which way it goes. But I'm guessing Wah -> SD-1 -> BD-2 -> DS-2 -> Uniphase. If and when I get the delay and the Fender Blender, where would the best be located?

I put my uniphase in front of all the distortions, behind the wah.
    moster78 wrote:
    Cool. They all should be arriving in a few days. I'm just curious whats the best way to chain them all together. At the moment I only have a SD-1 and a DS-2, which it doesn't seem to matter which way it goes. But I'm guessing Wah -> SD-1 -> BD-2 -> DS-2 -> Uniphase. If and when I get the delay and the Fender Blender, where would they best be located?

i'd do it this way.

wah -> uniphase -> blender -> SD1 -> BD -> DS-2 -> delay
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I put my uniphase in front of all the distortions, behind the wah.

Duly noted, thanks. Where would throw a delay, at the end? And the Fender Blender at the end of all the overdrive and distortion?
    the blender, most likely, you'd use on it's own. so it's order isn't as critical. but put it up in front so that it's getting a clean, unbuffered signal from your guitar. the fuzz will sound much better.

after the wah and uniphase is ok since they're true bypass.

delay can go anywhere, sometimes it sounds great in front of distortions because the repeats are big and chunky then. generally folks put it at the end of the chain though.
    exhausted wrote:
    the blender, most likely, you'd use on it's own. so it's order isn't as critical. but put it up in front so that it's getting a clean, unbuffered signal from your guitar. the fuzz will sound much better.

after the wah and uniphase is ok since they're true bypass.

delay can go anywhere, sometimes it sounds great in front of distortions because the repeats are big and chunky then. generally folks put it at the end of the chain though.

Cool, I didn't see your reply until after I posted. I can see why buying pedals is so addictive now, too much fun to play around with.
    moster78 wrote:
    Cool, I didn't see your reply until after I posted. I can see why buying pedals is so addictive now, too much fun to play around with.

it can be very distracting though. i have that problem a lot. i get into ruts of just screwing around with pedals instead of actually playing. it's a bad habit.
  • surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    exhausted wrote:
    it's so frustrating, every time i pick up the guitar i can come up with a bunch of little riffs and things but i can't put them together into songs. so i end up with all these boring songs just based on chord patterns. blah.
    This is where I think a real good drummer and bassists really help. They can hold the frame of the song together while you add a musical riff in the bridge that makes no sense without the framework provided by drums and bass.

Think Where The Streets Have No Name. Edge is playing to a different time than the drums but they manage to mash that round pag through the square whole pretty successfully.

Or just look at how many times you here bands talking about a new song came out of two or three separate song ideas. I think this can only be done with a drummer's help. In my opinion this is the huge advantage Jimmy Page has had over every other guitarist, he had the best rock drummer ever allowing Jimmy to create some sensational mish-mashes. Achilles Last Stand would sound like garbage without a drummer really holding it together and driving it.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
    surferdude wrote:
    This is where I think a real good drummer and bassists really help. They can hold the frame of the song together while you add a musical riff in the bridge that makes no sense without the framework provided by drums and bass.

Think Where The Streets Have No Name. Edge is playing to a different time than the drums but they manage to mash that round pag through the square whole pretty successfully.

Or just look at how many times you here bands talking about a new song came out of two or three separate song ideas. I think this can only be done with a drummer's help. In my opinion this is the huge advantage Jimmy Page has had over every other guitarist, he had the best rock drummer ever allowing Jimmy to create some sensational mish-mashes. Achilles Last Stand would sound like garbage without a drummer really holding it together and driving it.

absolutely agree. even the few times when i can come up with a simple little drum loop i can take a big step forward.

but nothing beats working with other people who will come up with ideas completely different than someone working along can.

i'm just in the wrong phase of my life right now to do it. some day when i'm old i'll find a bunch of other old guys to jam and drink beer with though.
    Good Bass Players and Drummers are the best thing to happen to guitar players.
    http://www.cusackmusic.com/?page=showDir&type=Products

aparently Mr. CUsack will add a Tap a Phase soon, to the line up might be cool.
    yeah, so i ordered a choralflange. :p

and i think i'm about to sell my pod. made the mistake of updating it's firmware and it messed up all my patches. and i swear it doesn't sound the same now.

my bass pod is still fine for the limited amount i play bass but i just can't handle the guitar pod anymore.

it works ok as an acoustic DI box but even that's more frustrating than it's worth.

i think i'm just going to sell it and buy a couple apex 435 condensers to mic my amps and acoustics with. i'll end up with a bunch more hiss and room noise on my recordings but oh well.
    it's a pod XT right, I'm interested, then again I'm your freaking personal buyer, good thing these aren't drugs.

congrats on the choral flange.
    yeah, an XT with the fxjunkie expansion and an FBV2 switch. it's always a useful tool. i'm just having trouble coaxing what i want out of it right now.

how's the new strat treating you?
    man, I love it. It's a work of art.
    good to hear. i'm sure you'll be a happy cat once the pickups are done and the orange is back up and running.

anyway, if you do want the pod, let me know.
    exhausted wrote:
    good to hear. i'm sure you'll be a happy cat once the pickups are done and the orange is back up and running.

anyway, if you do want the pod, let me know.

great, I'm needing to sell some stuff now myself, and I'm placating myself with the BR532's models.
    well, i don't think i'll be ebaying it or trading it so it'll be available....

i think i'll just retire it for now.

i don't really need to sell anything to buy the mics. my auctions went well. and i don't really need the mics until i have something decent to record.... besides a kid screaming.
    exhausted wrote:
    i don't really need to sell anything to buy the mics. my auctions went well. and i don't really need the mics until i have something decent to record.... besides a kid screaming.

That could make a good sound effect, like the screaming in Dark Side of the Moon!
    exhausted wrote:

well, the mics i wanted turned out to be dirt cheap. a couple of apex 435 wide diaphragm condensers. cheap mics but gobs better than sm57s at these low volumes at least. sounds very nice off the amps. i have a nice little "quiet" stereo rig coming together. just waiting on the choralflange now. only bad thing is that i can hear any slight hiss any of my pedals produce. kind of annoying. but i can gate everything gently in protools.

http://www.apexelectronics.com/index.php?tmp=4&id=76

i realized i have to keep the pod though because i actually use it to monitor my drum software when i'm programming loops. as in, pipe my drum loops through the pod's USB connection while playing guitar into the pod as well. i forgot about that. and i'll keep it as an acoustic direct box and for really loud, noisy guitar parts that really don't have to sound like real guitars.
  • exhausted wrote:
    well, i don't think i'll be ebaying it or trading it so it'll be available....

i think i'll just retire it for now.

If I come up with some cash, I'll be interested as well.