couple pics

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
my son helps me on the SG.

http://myspace-166.vo.llnwd.net/01061/66/18/1061448166_l.jpg

he climbed into my lap and started brushing the strings a bit. mostly just grabbed the neck though.

the AC15
http://myspace-589.vo.llnwd.net/01061/98/50/1061450589_l.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Wait so you mic up your amp? You must have a lot of space to jam loud :D

61' reissue or standard?

Everything looks sweet, your son is soon to be an exhausted-jr :D
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    it's a standard.

i mic up for recording. most of the time i record with the POD but once in a while i'll use an amp if no one's home. otherwise, the repetition drives me wife crazy or the baby's asleep.

but it never gets that loud unfortunately.
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    nice setup & sweet pics
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • exhausted wrote:
    it's a standard.

i mic up for recording. most of the time i record with the POD but once in a while i'll use an amp if no one's home. otherwise, the repetition drives me wife crazy or the baby's asleep.

but it never gets that loud unfortunately.

What type of Mic? I'm looking into getting some recording mic's and software just because the basic way just isn't good at all. Sounds like crap!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    i use cheap apex condensers. like $70CAN each. and i think they sound great for a hobby studio such as mine. apex 435.

http://apexelectronics.com/index.php?tmp=4&id=76

my vocal mic is a more costly apex condenser. an older 420 i think.
  • exhausted wrote:
    my son helps me on the SG.

http://myspace-166.vo.llnwd.net/01061/66/18/1061448166_l.jpg

he climbed into my lap and started brushing the strings a bit. mostly just grabbed the neck though.

the AC15
    http://myspace-589.vo.llnwd.net/01061/98/50/1061450589_l.jpg

How's the AC15??

If I'm thinking right, it's not too expensive right?
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
    How's the AC15??

If I'm thinking right, it's not too expensive right?

it was $700CAN brand new with the base speaker.

i did some initial thoughts in the changes thread but i haven't fully paced it yet.
  • exhausted wrote:
    it was $700CAN brand new with the base speaker.

i did some initial thoughts in the changes thread but i haven't fully paced it yet.

Holy shit....I was thinking of something else than :o
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
    Holy shit....I was thinking of something else than :o

less than that? like one of the valvetronix?
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    What's the Fender Amp ya got sittin there?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    that's my deluxe reverb RI.
    How is the DRRI? I've been looking at that, but I'm not sure it has the power. My dream amp is the '65 Twin RI, how does it compare?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    the DRRI is a brilliant all around amp in my opinion. it had typical fender cleans, a nice overdrive when you get above 5 or so. takes pedals very well. does that strat/neck pickup/12th fret throaty thing perfectly.

not tons of headroom depending on your pickups but it does have hi and lo inputs on each channel.

wouldn't have the headroom of a twin certainly.

whether it's enough power really does depend on the situation. i have jammed with a drummer and bassist and still had it attentuated somewhat.

i don't really play in band situations so i'm not a good advice giver in that regard.

i just find it a nice, neutral amp. it's a good foundation.

i did put a vintage 30 in it. otherwise it's stock down to the tubes. very nice reverb.
    I'll have to try one out. I'll need to compete with cheap solid state half stacks in terms of volume.
  • nice pics Exhausted ... now i understand your screen name... you've got a kid almost the same age as mine!

i ve got a picture of my son at that age holding my semi-hollow 335 guitar. Now when i practice tho, he just runs into the room, turns the amp off, and says "Daddy all done"

Everybody's a music critic.

the DRRi should kill any solid state amp volume-wise, IMO. I've never been able to crank mine above 5 in a practice setting. I would like mine alot more if i had the right OD pedal for it.

Enjoy the SG!!
    nice pics Exhausted ... now i understand your screen name... you've got a kid almost the same age as mine!

i ve got a picture of my son at that age holding my semi-hollow 335 guitar. Now when i practice tho, he just runs into the room, turns the amp off, and says "Daddy all done"

Everybody's a music critic.

the DRRi should kill any solid state amp volume-wise, IMO. I've never been able to crank mine above 5 in a practice setting. I would like mine alot more if i had the right OD pedal for it.

Enjoy the SG!!

for the DRRI, try a boss BD-2 or the keeley modded version of the BD-2. i had very good results with that pedal. and, like an idiot, sold it to try something else. i'm really struggling with overdrives right now.

above 5, it really just starts to drive more. at least when it's attenuated. 6 would be about my maximum. i like to run it just at the edge of breakup. between 4 and 5.

my son's only 8 months so it's going to be a while before he can even hold a ukelele but i'd be lying if i said i didn't hope he picks up an instrument someday. he seems to enjoy listening sometimes.

and yes, he makes me very tired. he's very high energy.