Options

Nas & Wu-Tang Tour

1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,834
edited April 2022 in Other Music
May have to check this out: https://pitchfork.com/news/wu-tang-clan-and-nas-unite-for-joint-tour/

I'm not sure why every show of mine is in Sept though! Seeing Pearl Jam Sept 1, Aerosmith the 8th, and Seinfeld the 10th. May have to wedge the Hartford date in there. This looks to be an awesome double-bill.....Nas' album that came out at Christmas is spectactular - the production by Hitboy, esp.
2003 Mansfield III 
2004 Boston I 
2006 Boston I 
2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
2010 Hartford 
2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
2018 Boston I, Boston II 
2021 Sea.Hear.Now
2022 Camden
2024 Boston I, Boston II

Comments

• Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

Damn, this would be a decent show. Nas and Jay-z are two rappers I’ve not seen live yet, nor have I seen Wu-Tang. Seen alot of the more popular rappers of the 90’s. Cypress Hill, No Limit, DMX, Cash Money, Lil Wayne, Puffy, Snoop, ect. I would imagine Nas will have a live band behind him, no? I always liked Jay- Z unplugged because of that reason. Got to have the live band for me to go to a hip hop show at this point. They were playing some Nas at VanAndel right before Jack White hit the stage last week, had me hyped. I was thinking to myself at the time, ‘A Nas show would be fun.’ 

I think Nas 2 albums from last year were excellent. Had that old school vibe instead of the mumble rap shit or whatever the kids today are doing.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,834
    Hi! said:

Damn, this would be a decent show. Nas and Jay-z are two rappers I’ve not seen live yet, nor have I seen Wu-Tang. Seen alot of the more popular rappers of the 90’s. Cypress Hill, No Limit, DMX, Cash Money, Lil Wayne, Puffy, Snoop, ect. I would imagine Nas will have a live band behind him, no? I always liked Jay- Z unplugged because of that reason. Got to have the live band for me to go to a hip hop show at this point. They were playing some Nas at VanAndel right before Jack White hit the stage last week, had me hyped. I was thinking to myself at the time, ‘A Nas show would be fun.’ 

I think Nas 2 albums from last year were excellent. Had that old school vibe instead of the mumble rap shit or whatever the kids today are doing.

That's dope you've seen all of those folks! This would really only be my fourth or so show of rap - I saw Snoop as well, along with the Beasties (where Nas came out at Bonnaroo), and Outkast at a festival years back. Agreed this show will be fun!

The Nas albums for sure lean more toward his 90s stuff - fire beats...
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Hi! said:

That's dope you've seen all of those folks! This would really only be my fourth or so show of rap - I saw Snoop as well, along with the Beasties (where Nas came out at Bonnaroo), and Outkast at a festival years back. Agreed this show will be fun!

The Nas albums for sure lean more toward his 90s stuff - fire beats...

Nice. I haven’t seen Outkast or Beastie Boys, I would or would have loved to seen them. I almost seen Beastie Boys, actually had a ticket to Tibetan Freedom concert years ago when Eddie played solo, but for some reason, that I can’t remember, I didn’t make it. One of a few shows that I missed and look back regretfully that I did. I would have loved to seen Fugees too, but that hasn’t happened. I did get to see Wyclef solo though, that was pretty cool, he played Gone Till November.  I would say my favorite rap concert was DMX when he toured with Cash Money. Crowd went nuts for him and he brought the energy. 

Nas is definitely an Icon in the rap game. My favorite is actually the album he put out with Damien Marley, but Illmatic and It Was Written  are definitely classic. These last two are up there as well. Good lyrics,  good beats, good smooth, kinda jazzy instrumentals. It’s all good!

So many shows and so much new music this year, it’s really hard to pick/schedule shows, so I feel your pain when it comes to choosing which ones to prioritize. Maybe I’ll be able to squeeze in this Nas show. Seinfeld in Saginaw is calling my name though.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,835
    Would really enjoy catching a show on this tour. Closest show for me is ATL and, unfortunately, it lands a few days after I get back from a PJ Nash-->Louisville-->StL road trip. Nocando. @1STmammal2wearPants....I was there with you somewhere in the sea of people at Bonnaroo when Nas guested with the Beasties....good times, good show!
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,770
    Saw Nas with RHCP. He was cool. Fans had lp/sneakers for him to sign and he grabbed them right from the stage and signed them.  I don't know his suff, but it was great. 

Wu tang is for the children.
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,948
    Seen Nas live a couple of times, once for an Illmatic anniversary tour and the other with Damian Marley. Both really great shows! 

Saw Wu Tang once and will never again. Venue sound was terrible so maybe I’m doing them a disservice but it was the worst show I’ve ever seen. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam