i will definitely try one of these

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited January 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• damn, this link didn't work for me on this site, or on another chat board i was just on. but at least i know what you're talking about, someone on the other board posted pics.

yeah, i'll try those too. could be a perfect direct recording base. specially the bassman

did you see Gibson released a Melody Maker at namm, retail is less than 400 bucks?? for a gibson??? as long as it kicks Epiphone's ass, i'll probably get one of those.
  • exhausted wrote:

Man, those look awesome. What a cool idea. Let me know how authentic they sound. Great find.
    Alpine Valley 06-13-99 [EV-Solo]
    Alpine Valley 10-8-00 (The Icebowl)
    Chicago 05-16-06, 05-17-06
    Lollapalooza 08-05-07
    Chicago 08-22-08 [EV Solo]
    Chicago 08-23-09, 08-24-09
    Chicago 06-28-11, 06-29-11 [EV Solo]
    PJ20 Alpine Valley 09-03-11, 09-04-11
    Wrigley Field 07-19-13
    Wrigley Field 08-20-16, 08-22-16
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    damn, this link didn't work for me on this site, or on another chat board i was just on. but at least i know what you're talking about, someone on the other board posted pics.

yeah, i'll try those too. could be a perfect direct recording base. specially the bassman

did you see Gibson released a Melody Maker at namm, retail is less than 400 bucks?? for a gibson??? as long as it kicks Epiphone's ass, i'll probably get one of those.

the originals were slabs too so it should be a killer unit. Lollar P90's and decent pots away from being awesome. Or humbuckers I guess if that's your bag.

I definately like that Roland and Fender teamed up. I want to hear both and see how good that tremolo is on that unit.

The Vox Valvetronix amps have a good bassman model, that's also Roland I believe so this one should be good.

I'm excited about the BFG I just wish it was a hollowbody. http://www.gibson.com/Products/GibsonElectric/Gibson%20Electric%20Guitars/LesPaul/Les%20Paul%20BFG/ I love that they listened, and gave people a P90 and Grovers along with a Burstbucker. No carved top is a little disapointing but no biggie, those are going to sell like hotcakes. I want the same pickup config in a 335.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    any idea when those will be released?
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Pacomc79 wrote:

I'm excited about the BFG I just wish it was a hollowbody. http://www.gibson.com/Products/GibsonElectric/Gibson%20Electric%20Guitars/LesPaul/Les%20Paul%20BFG/ I love that they listened, and gave people a P90 and Grovers along with a Burstbucker. No carved top is a little disapointing but no biggie, those are going to sell like hotcakes. I want the same pickup config in a 335.

i've seen it in person. it looks like a bag of shit.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    i've seen it in person. it looks like a bag of shit.

Oh, disapointing then. I saw the pickup config and grovers and got excited. It's probably as much of a let down as the Memphis ES 333's.

paint and sanding are not that expensive.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    i'd agree that the configuration is interesting, though i'd change it back to conventional LP wiring. i like the P90 obviously.

it's just ugly.
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    those definitely look cool....I'll probably buy one just to use as an overdrive pedal.

anyone know when they're being released?
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
    i don't know yet. but i'm thinking that the deluxe reverb one might be an excellent front end for, say, a valve junior. takes care of some reverb and gives you some EQ.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    I really really really wish I could hear a sound sample for the Bassman.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1