Options

SAN DIEGO Wishlist Pre-party!!

gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,364
edited April 2022 in The Porch
https://facebook.com/events/s/pearl-jam-san-diego-wishlist-p/273251991637916/

This location is at Fashion Valley;
 Green Line TROLLEY station in the BACK  of the mall to take you right to SDSU/Viejas Arena! Plenty of parking. 

GREAT FOOD!! 

EASIEST IS TO PARK IN BACK TRANSIT AREA AND WALK UP TO FRONT WHERE RESTAURANT IS LOCATED

*Bring any cool #PJ items you'd like to donate to auction!*

Post edited by gotthebottle on

Comments

• Options
    Very cool!  I also heard about a concert pre-party at the Kraken in Cardiff by the Sea featuring a great local PJ cover band called Oceans.  They are playing from 8am-11pm.  Maybe the fundraiser can move from Fashion Valley to this show?  I have some cool posters, PJ Zombie Pop Rocks and other PJ artifacts that I'd love to action off to the Wishlist Foundation causes, but won't be able to make to to North Italia in FV.  If volunteers are needed to pull this off, I'm happy to oblige. 
  • Options
    Yeah... this party isn't moving. 
    But if you have stuff you would like to donate for auction let me know!
  • Options
    Very cool!  I also heard about a concert pre-party at the Kraken in Cardiff by the Sea featuring a great local PJ cover band called Oceans.  They are playing from 8am-11pm.  Maybe the fundraiser can move from Fashion Valley to this show?  I have some cool posters, PJ Zombie Pop Rocks and other PJ artifacts that I'd love to action off to the Wishlist Foundation causes, but won't be able to make to to North Italia in FV.  If volunteers are needed to pull this off, I'm happy to oblige. 
    We'd really appreciate anything you want to donate! PM me and we'll either see about collecting or or you can ship to GITC coordinator.

• Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 785
    40 minute drive north of the venue does not sound like the best idea for a pre-party location..  Also seems odd that the members of a PJ cover band wouldn't want to be at the actual show?
  • Options
    This location in Mission Valley was partially chosen cause Green Line station takes you right to SDSU... and if you know college area not a lot of good choices close to arena
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,801
    I assume you can catch the green line back to Mission Valley after the concert.  How late does it run? 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    D-Rod said:
    I assume you can catch the green line back to Mission Valley after the concert.  How late does it run? 
    Absolutely. I live in MV. You'll have to check schedule at the MTS site for specifics. But I've done it after concerts...... Uber back isn't far in case. 
  • Options

• Options
    Sorry, I got my dates crossed.  Oceans is playing their show the night before PJ on Monday 5/2. Call it a pre-pre party right?
  • Options
    mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 785
    Sorry, I got my dates crossed.  Oceans is playing their show the night before PJ on Monday 5/2. Call it a pre-pre party right?
    That makes more sense!
  • Options
    Lol... maybe I'll go , they're really good
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,801

Thanks for the advise.  App for the train is downloaded. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    D-Rod said:

Thanks for the advise.  App for the train is downloaded. 
    Great! They run every 30 min after midnight. Hope to see you at party?!
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 818
     <3 
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
     <3 
    Hope to see you there!!
  • Options
    Bump for 1 week to go!
  • Options
    If fans have any PJ items they'd like to donate to the Wishlist/GuitarsInTheClassroom cause please PM me...
  • Options

• Options
    Four of the posters donated by @thebreaker
    He's also donating a set of the PJ Zombie Funko figures

So come on over to the pre-party and see what else there is!!
  • Options
     Buimp for Thursday 
  • Options

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    mmmm benihana,   fuckinnnnn benihana 
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    mmmm benihana,   fuckinnnnn benihana 
    It's so hidden and out-of-the-way that most of us have forgotten that it's there!! LOL
  • Options
    Almost here! If you're still on the fence...
  • Options
    PinoyPJPinoyPJ Los Angeles, CA Posts: 196
    who gonna be there!!!
    ride amongst the waves...
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    edited May 2022
    Just checked out the area with the green line there are not very many spaces that are allowed for transit parking. Big parking lot but lots of signs saying tow if you park there for the trolley.  The transit site says there are only 63 spots. Next stop much larger. Does the restaurant allow parking until midnight?
    https://www.sdmts.com/rider-info/transit-station-parking
    Post edited by Grandma on
  • Options
    Park in the parking structure adjacent. The restaurant is part of the mall and if you get a spot in front, great...
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 818
    Will you guys be outside or inside or both?
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    On patio....
  • Options
    Parking can try that A1 garage next to transit if people are concerned about parking at transit itself. Mall is picky about people parking in spots closest to stores, but if you're farthest away they shouldn't bother