anyone want my OCD?

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
scratched. i want to try something new with my chain first.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    oh, I thougt you meant Obsessive Compulsive Disorder ..LOL
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    you can have that too, for free.

you will be cursed with a hatred for asymetry for the rest of your days. :D
  • The OCD is the greatest Overdrive/Distortion pedal that I've owned...sounds amazing with an SG.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    yes, it is pure rock.

unfortunately, i'm, like, rock zirconia.

ie, it's not my sound.

i'm going back to the keeley BD-2.
  • chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    PJ-Sin wrote:
    oh, I thougt you meant Obsessive Compulsive Disorder ..LOL

that makes 2 of us...my smart ass comment now means nothing.
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • The OCD is the greatest Overdrive/Distortion pedal that I've owned...sounds amazing with an SG.
    then you don't have a greedtone :D
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • then you don't have a greedtone :D

no i dont because I can't afford it!!

but the OCD is just amazing...fulltone is amazing...ahhh i love it! :D
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    chopitdown wrote:
    that makes 2 of us...my smart ass comment now means nothing.

Ha, I beat you to it!!
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    then you don't have a greedtone :D

Amen brother.
  • exhausted wrote:
    had to replace the footswitch, otherwise mint and unmodded.

serial number in the 3000s. i'll check tonight.

say, $140 shipped in N.A.

um....im interested...how do they sound with Fender Hot Rod amps? also, we talking 140 US or Canadian? I may take it off your hands here...

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    If I had the cash, maybe...
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    exhausted wrote:
    i'm going back to the keeley BD-2.

Since I unloaded the other pedals I was looking to get rid of and finally put my DS-2 and SD-1 on eBay, I may take the earnings from that and finally mod my BD-2 as well. It worth it?
    um....im interested...how do they sound with Fender Hot Rod amps? also, we talking 140 US or Canadian? I may take it off your hands here...

US w/ expresspost in canada and expedited to the states.

not sure as i haven't tried it with that amp, 6L6's right? i've only put it in front of 6V6s and EL84s.

loads of gain. a bit scooped. lots of presence. very AC/DCish in my opinion.
    moster78 wrote:
    I may take the earnings from that and finally mod my BD-2 as well. It worth it?

i feel it is. i loved that pedal. i'm a lo gain, transparent OD guy and the OCD just can't do low gain or transparency.
  • Ok...time for truth...

does the keeley mod make the pedal louder?
    Ok...time for truth...

does the keeley mod make the pedal louder?

that's one of the claims. it does have a lot of output for sure just on the volume control.
    scratch that.

i'm going to give it another few days. i'm trying something new with the chain and the order.

sorry.
  • once you buy gear, allways keep it, you never know

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • MmMmMmMm..........

Bassman I played on Saturday
    > OCD...........:D:D
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • i've been considering an Ocd vs a Hotcake for quite awhile, but haven't demoed either

sound clips made me believe the hotcake was higher gain of two, and i want lower gain. thehotcake seems sort of universally praised, while the Ocd seems to bring out the fickle side of people. everybody seems to think that its good, but not that good. for some reason, people seem to be really tough when reviewing it.

I'd be pretty interested if you change your mind back. Put me on the list!!

how's it work with your Vox??? better suited to other amps??
    better with the vox than the fender... at least last night. but my ears change on an seemingly hourly basis. but the OCD is nowhere near low gain in my opinion. the new versions are apparently a little less scooped in EQ too.

right now i pretty much hate all overdrives.

my strat sounds like broken glass, but the humbucker guitars sound good.

plus, because of the baby and all, i am now using a line out from my attenuator into my pod as a speaker sim so that has an impact too.

i'm in a huge rut. i barely play anything anymore. i think it's time to unplug for a few weeks. i'm starting to hate music again.

Agreed.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • exhausted wrote:
    i'm in a huge rut. i barely play anything anymore. i think it's time to unplug for a few weeks. i'm starting to hate music again.

sucks to hear, man. i've been there for sure, time and space roadblocking anything music related (writing, practicing, getting that elusive OD tone). you could else sit it out for a bit, or try to focus your time and efforts for me, sometimes i was overwhelmed just getting to pick up my guitar, so few and far between practice times would be. it sounds like you've got your recording set-up figured out, so that's a big plus. my only real advice: if time's the issue, Schedule your playing time. keep working. if it's just burnout, work on something you know instead of trying to create. wait until your mind eases up, and then creativity will flow back in.

g'luck

i think i'm sort of talking to myself with this post, so don't mind it.
  • MmMmMmMm..........

Bassman I played on Saturday
    > OCD...........:D:D

Yes that combo is one of the best possible.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/