i wish i could just design pedalboards all day

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
i wish i could run a shop designing and building pedalboard and rack systems. that would be so much fun.

i made this up last night. i'd build it if i actually had use for it. it would be about 40"x 16" with a shelf etc. etc. oh, and if i had the roughly $1300CAN needed to buy the stuff i don't already have.

http://brehell.ca/greg/pedaldesign.pdf
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Nice, I'm sure trailer trash could make it beautiful too. :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    nycpedalboards would be my choice. still expensive, but more reasonable than a lot of the companies for a board/case setup.
    exhausted wrote:
    nycpedalboards would be my choice. still expensive, but more reasonable than a lot of the companies for a board/case setup.

while we're at it we should design motor coaches for the tour. :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    i should just get a job that interests me. :(
    exhausted wrote:
    i should just get a job that interests me. :(

why else do you think any of us are here :D.

No worries, just keep looking. I've been working on it for about a year now and it's starting to turn around.

If that dosen't pan out wanna move the fam down to Corona Ca with me and beg Fender for a Job? I feel like I could bring something to the table
    early in my career, i probably could have morphed into something they could use but i don't think their manufacturing systems etc. match up to what i can do.

i'd only be able to yell at them for ripping lefties off and producing the metalhead.
    exhausted wrote:
    early in my career, i probably could have morphed into something they could use but i don't think their manufacturing systems etc. match up to what i can do.

i'd only be able to yell at them for ripping lefties off and producing the metalhead.

That's what they need, a guy who can keep them from the dyna touch/metalhead line of thinking.

Come to think of it, Mesa Boogie might fit you better, you could re live selling the Blue Angel every day ;)
    actually, now that i have the orange, i don't miss the mesa at all.
    exhausted wrote:
    actually, now that i have the orange, i don't miss the mesa at all.

nice, I'll let you know how my New EI's and Tung Sol 12AX7's do when they get here, I'm not replacing the rectifier until it goes bad.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    hmmi downloaded it, i still dont get what a pedalboard is
  • Hmmm....

My pedalboard is a plank of wood that I put crate handles and felt on.

:)
    literally a board with pedals on it. like mike's for example.
    http://www.giventowail.com/new/gear/gear_db/images/mike_ufo.gif
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    i see thanks
    Hmmm....

My pedalboard is a plank of wood that I put crate handles and felt on.

so's mine, but I just painted it black and covered it with free, beer stickers.
    mine too. except i used 1/2" MDF and it's damn heavy on it's own.
    exhausted wrote:
    mine too. except i used 1/2" MDF and it's damn heavy on it's own.

better get a roadie. I just used basement scrap for mine.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    exhausted wrote:

NYC is what I use, and I spent months trying to find one. I went with NYC due to build quality, total customization and their ability to build a monster board.
    The price was fantastic much less then most of their competition.

Here is mine:
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b291/JofZ/IMG_0578.jpg

As you can see I am running 2 PP2's under the first platform towards the back. You can design it anyway you want. The top latchs are really strong and the board is built like a tank.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    JofZ wrote:
    NYC is what I use, and I spent months trying to find one. I went with NYC due to build quality, total customization and their ability to build a monster board.
    The price was fantastic much less then most of their competition.

Here is mine:
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b291/JofZ/IMG_0578.jpg

As you can see I am running 2 PP2's under the first platform towards the back. You can design it anyway you want. The top latchs are really strong and the board is built like a tank.

is the top foam filled or open?
    how wide across is yours? i think i'd need to go with their biggest standard model if i actually wanted to build this beast. i think i can fit everything in 35", barely.

i could go smaller if i did the smart thing, just built for electric only, and ditched the amp selector. but it's just a fantasy board anyway.
  • I used the upside down top of an old oak dining room table for a while. The other half of the top fit perfectly over the board, and we would put a sheet of foam on top of the pedals. It was heavy, but stable. I even had casters on the top so you could wheel it in and out.

IMG_1355.jpg

Now I use the carpet.
    I'm not going anywhere anymore :(

IMG_2080.jpg
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

i hate that feeling. i'm on the carpet now too.
  • exhausted wrote:
    i hate that feeling. i'm on the carpet now too.

Won't be long and there'll be drool on the pedals, too! You gotta get the kids tweaking pedals early! :cool:

Well, my pedals are making it up to the ironing board now, because it's too far to lean over. Aging rocker with a bad back! :D
    Be kind, man
    I used the upside down top of an old oak dining room table for a while. The other half of the top fit perfectly over the board, and we would put a sheet of foam on top of the pedals. It was heavy, but stable. I even had casters on the top so you could wheel it in and out.

IMG_1355.jpg

Now I use the carpet.
    I'm not going anywhere anymore :(

IMG_2080.jpg

Oh I'm sure you could get places with that "woman" tone :D
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    Oh I'm sure you could get places with that "woman" tone :D

I laughed everytime I turned that thing on and she lit up!

I still have it. It's actually works as a guitar effect, too! :D
    Be kind, man

it is filled with foam, nothing moves around and most of my pedals aren't even velcro'd down.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    exhausted wrote:
    how wide across is yours? i think i'd need to go with their biggest standard model if i actually wanted to build this beast. i think i can fit everything in 35", barely.

i could go smaller if i did the smart thing, just built for electric only, and ditched the amp selector. but it's just a fantasy board anyway.

I don't recall the dimensions, but it is called the Big Shot. I think it is best to buy one notch up then you really need ;)

I use my smaller board for all sorts of stuff, and I don't have to rip apart my main board.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?