tweakfuzz and uniphase for sale.

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://search.ebay.ca/_W0QQsassZexhausted1975QQhtZ-1

the unused get moved to make room for new arrivals.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• you wouldn't happen to have an analog delay for sale would ya?
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    nope. i don't even own one right now. been a line 6 user for a long time on the delay side of things.
  • exhausted wrote:
    nope. i don't even own one right now. been a line 6 user for a long time on the delay side of things.
    worth a shot :)

you're a DL4 user right?
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
    yeah, DL4life.

i've used once since 2000 or so. dumped a DD-5 and a memory man for it with no regrets.

have since tried a DM-3, AD999, AD-9, digidelay, a new memory man, and an echo park and the DL4 has beaten all challenges.

i'm on my second one as i ebayed my first one day in a fit of depression this summer.
  • how's the self-oscillation (is there any)?

I'm very satisfied with my DD-5 for digital delay...but i need some analog warmth and UFO take-offs...does the DL4 do a good job of modeling that?

also, doesn't it have an oddjob powersupply requirement?

sorry for completely hijacking this thread by the way :D

most of the models save for the pure digital ones have self oscillation. however, the UFO stuff is different from a true analog, but charming in it's own way.

if you can suffer through this song, you can hear what the oscillations are like in places, especially near the end, manipulated with the expression pedal. i forget which model i used though. probably 2 or 3 different ones. i abuse delay sometimes.

mp3 file

it can run on 9VDC but needs lots of current so it needs a specific adapter. i have a pedal power 2 that handles it though.

oh, i forgot, i tried both the maxon and ibanez AD-9s. the ibanez is the way to go for a true analog delay.
  • You sell that UniPhase, and you'll regret it every day afterward...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    You sell that UniPhase, and you'll regret it every day afterward...

nope. it's just not my thing. how you feel about the uniphase, i feel about the phaser though.
  • exhausted wrote:
    nope. it's just not my thing. how you feel about the uniphase, i feel about the phaser though.

Yeah... I still want one of his Phasers. Need to sell the Phase 90 first.

Still waiting on a "post-honeymoon" review of the VerbZilla...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    Yeah... I still want one of his Phasers. Need to sell the Phase 90 first.

Still waiting on a "post-honeymoon" review of the VerbZilla...

hey, my reserve is so high (i'm not giving this thing away) that i bet i end up keeping it anyway.

i'll post some more on the verb later today. not too much to add to the original impressions.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    That uniphase is a steal at the BIN price still though, and on down. It's still 20 to 25 bucks cheaper than most people paid for them originally All we need to do is to sell that thing to Mr. Famous and that plus the availability of the twenty in existance......instant new guitar fund. :D

J/K I ain't getting rid of mines.

Eric might be crappy at marketing and creating buzz for himself, but he's damn good at building pedals.

I'm sure he could build and improve a mojo or allen amp kit no problem.

Good luck selling your stuff Ex. If I werent on such a budget I'd get the Tweeker.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.