Fan 2 Fan question (bank acct?)

It seems like I should know this by now, but I don't. I'm hoping someone familiar with the process can get me up to speed.

Can anyone who has used f2f before comment on what is required to sell a ticket? I don't have any to sell right now, but if I find something on f2f when it opens, and find something better a day later, I might want to put the first one back on f2f for sale.

Is it a similar/same process as putting tix you bought from TM back up to resell?

I have never sold back a ticket on TM. I just ate the ticket, because they seem to require your bank account to issue the money to, for the ticket. They won't issue the money to your credit card.

Are you comfortable with TM having your personal bank account on file?? (I'm not). I'm happy to give them my credit card info, but my bank account, no. So how have you gone about it?

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 10,520
    I'm Canadian, but I have a bank account in the US.   I added my debit card number and it put the money in my account via the debit card.
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 770
    Thanks Zod (and I hope you get Who You Are in Oakland)!
    Hmmm. Does using the debit card # protect you from TM having access to your bank account info? I'll have to look into that, because that would be an easy solution.
    I'd still like a comment or two on how to participate in TM/f2f ticket sales without providing your bank account. I'm reluctant to do that (credit card yes, bank acct no).

Does everyone who uses f2f just give TM that info?

If not, is there a viable alternative?
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,934
    I sold one pair of tickets last year (not PJ) without any issues.  

I’m guessing they don’t use a credit card because it’s not really a refund.  Technically you’re selling the tickets to someone else and it’s a payment made directly to you. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

Yeah, technically I get the reasoning, but I just feel weird giving such an ill-regarded company that level of personal info.
    So far, I've resisted.