as pac suggested, i bought another FM4

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
$140. brand new. couldn't resist.

*sigh*. i need to just quit looking at ebay.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    ha ha ha. 140's a good price, you shouldn't lose on it.

You'll get a lot of those cool sounds you like to layer into your songs. it'll be fun.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    yeah, it was just too good to pass up. synth wah. i can't wait.

i won't lose it i decide to sell it down the road.
    exhausted wrote:
    yeah, it was just too good to pass up. synth wah. i can't wait.

i won't lose it i decide to sell it down the road.

Jeff Tweedy will be jealous. :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I was checking out the FM4 on Line 6's website...

I've never been sure what those Line 6 Modulers are?? Although I see the DL and DM 4's all the time in people's setups??

Can someone help me out?? :)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
    essentially, digital models of 15 or 16 different effects in one box. and you can have 3 or 4 presets available at any time.

the delay modeller has everything from tape echos to stereo digital delays etc.

the filter modeller does models of old monophonic synths and some other stuff.

the modulation modeller does chorus, flange, phaser, vibes etc

the distortion modeller does a bunch of overdrives, distortions and fuzzes.

and the amp modeller sucked.

the delay modeller is a hall of fame pedal in my opinion. the filter modeller is a fun noise maker. the others are passable.
  • exhausted wrote:
    essentially, digital models of 15 or 16 different effects in one box. and you can have 3 or 4 presets available at any time.

the delay modeller has everything from tape echos to stereo digital delays etc.

the filter modeller does models of old monophonic synths and some other stuff.

the modulation modeller does chorus, flange, phaser, vibes etc

the distortion modeller does a bunch of overdrives, distortions and fuzzes.

and the amp modeller sucked.

the delay modeller is a hall of fame pedal in my opinion. the filter modeller is a fun noise maker. the others are passable.

Thanks Ex :)

So why would you buy a DD-3 or something, like a Delay Stompbox when you can have this?

Not saying I would, but just asking?

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
    well, as far as a DD-3/5/6 or some other purely digital, delays, i wouldn't bother when things like the DL4 and echo park are around giving you a bunch of options at your feet.

on the analog side of things, it's a different story because it's digital modelling and the real thing is always going to sound better if you're picky about true analog.

however, the models of analog pedals in the line 6 have a much wider range of control that allow the creation of things are that "analogesque" but totally unique in their own right.

i've always said that about line 6. does it sound like the original it's mimicing? not necessarily. can you create some very cool sounds with it that stand on their own? yes.
  • exhausted wrote:
    well, as far as a DD-3/5/6 or some other purely digital, delays, i wouldn't bother when things like the DL4 and echo park are around giving you a bunch of options at your feet.

on the analog side of things, it's a different story because it's digital modelling and the real thing is always going to sound better if you're picky about true analog.

however, the models of analog pedals in the line 6 have a much wider range of control that allow the creation of things are that "analogesque" but totally unique in their own right.

i've always said that about line 6. does it sound like the original it's mimicing? not necessarily. can you create some very cool sounds with it that stand on their own? yes.

All good points

Thanks for that.

.NJD.
    dammit. it arrived DOA. i knew it was too good to be true.

it was sold as brand new from a dealer so i should be ok but we'll see how this goes. first time something from ebay has been pear-shaped for me.

i took a look at the circuit board. this thing must be a refurb. by the soldering it looks like a 4 year old serviced it.

compared to my DL4 which is spotless.... and actually works.
    exhausted wrote:
    dammit. it arrived DOA. i knew it was too good to be true.

it was sold as brand new from a dealer so i should be ok but we'll see how this goes. first time something from ebay has been pear-shaped for me.

i took a look at the circuit board. this thing must be a refurb. by the soldering it looks like a 4 year old serviced it.

compared to my DL4 which is spotless.... and actually works.

well that's freaking craptastic.
    yeah, it was dead out of the box, worked for exactly 2 seconds after a hard reset and died it's last death.

i'm mostly pissed that they didn't state it was a refurb.

still waiting to hear back but it's early.
    sending it back. full refund with no problems.

i didn't bring up the issue that i think it's a refurb since the dealer's being cool. maybe he doesn't know it is a refurb.

he assumed that i didn't know how to power it and told me the specs but he wasn't a dink about it either. i explained i knew the line 6 stuff well.

man, i was all jazzed for filtery goodness and i got denied. it's a good way to cap off my ebay days though. i'm done.