WTF Ticketmaster!!!

GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,688
edited April 2022 in The Porch
To make a long story short my EV commemorative ticket from the Beacon never showed up. After a few unsatisfactory back and forth emails I saw that they gave me a refund for this order. I did not ask for a refund. Anyway, this is what I wrote them today:

And this was their response:

Seriously??!!  Are there even real people responding to our questions or are bots just going by certain buzzwords. I am really at my wits end with this. I guess I will just take refund. This is insane. 
Post edited by GlowGirl on

Comments

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    Ticketmaster is so frustrating and infuriating.  I cant stand them. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • I too keep all my ticket stubs, and have since I first started seeing live music. It sucks that they seem to be a thing of the past.
  • GlowGirl said:
    To make a long story short my EV commemorative ticket from the Beacon never showed up. After a few unsatisfactory back and forth emails I saw that they gave me a refund for this order. I did not ask for a refund. Anyway, this is what I wrote them today:

And this was their response:

Seriously??!!  Are there even real people responding to our questions or are bots just going by certain buzzwords. I am really at my wits end with this. I guess I will just take refund. This is insane. 
    they are seriously, by far, the worst company I have ever done business with.  the fucking worst.  i don't believe it is even possible to get a human on a phone anymore.  
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,662
    That's just a canned answer provided by an algorithm that picks up certain words in your email.
    The only shot is you have to call them, get a love person on the phone, and most likely ask to speak to someone else (a supervisor) as the first person you get on the phone from my experience will just have a list of canned responses similar to what you just received and won't actually be able to help.

I'm also a collector of ticket stubs and the new way of doing things bums me out a bit.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • whoyouare72whoyouare72 Posts: 2,144
    Ticketmaster is ridiculous!

• PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 726
    I made some ticket stubs recently from shows that were only mobile from stubforge.com
    4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
  • Poncier said:
    That's just a canned answer provided by an algorithm that picks up certain words in your email.
    The only shot is you have to call them, get a love person on the phone, and most likely ask to speak to someone else (a supervisor) as the first person you get on the phone from my experience will just have a list of canned responses similar to what you just received and won't actually be able to help.

I'm also a collector of ticket stubs and the new way of doing things bums me out a bit.
    how are you getting a person on the phone?  It's been literally years since I have been able to get a human on the phone from ticketmaster.
  • bobear05bobear05 Posts: 749
    Ticketmaster is the absolute worse! How is this company still around!! Assholes
    all and all it's no ones fault
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,688
    Poncier said:

Believe me. I have tried to call. They don't have live people on the phone anymore. For a company that size, you would think you could talk to a person. I wouldn't even mind holding for a while, but I can't seem to reach anyone on the phone. I have given up. I will just take the refund. If I deal with this anymore my head will explode.

PJINFLA said:
    I made some ticket stubs recently from shows that were only mobile from stubforge.com
    Thanks. I have made some using a template I found online, and printed them out on photo paper. They are ok. I just did the EV Beacon one since I am not getting the commemorative. I ordered commemorative tickets for all of the upcoming PJ shows I am going to. I hope they arrive. But thanks for this. I will definitely check it out. It is better than nothing. I appreciate it.

• ZodZod Posts: 10,520
    edited April 2022
    It's weird that the commemorative tickets are so hit and miss.  We got 1 out of 2 for Seattle.  The 1st one came pretty quick, but the 2nd show is missing in action.  I doubt it's ever going to turn up at this point :(

I'm not taking the removal of hard tickets well.   Sometimes I print out the digital ticket to put the albums but it's not the same.
  • the death of the stub is criminal.  I refuse to pay them for a replica, but I see why people still want it. i think I add them every time so far, then remove them in protest.  

CHI EV show had seats where the soundboard went, got upgraded. when they scanned my phone it prompted them to send me to will call. I got a OG stub for night 1. coukld be the last stub i ever add to my collection. 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,762
    OP, that SUCKS!

This afternoon I checked my tickets for this tour and I thought I checked the Box to get the Commemorative ticket stub for every show, but TM had in my account that I didn't. So, I did this afternoon, but lets see if I/we get them.

When do these get mailed? After each show or Tour?
    edited April 2022
    cutz said:
    OP, that SUCKS!

This afternoon I checked my tickets for this tour and I thought I checked the Box to get the Commemorative ticket stub for every show, but TM had in my account that I didn't. So, I did this afternoon, but lets see if I/we get them.

It does suck. But it could have been worse. I didn’t get the commemorative ticket and they refunded me without my asking, but a few people on the forum have posted that TM actually cancelled and refunded their show tickets for the upcoming PJ tour when they didn’t request it and there is nothing that can be done about it. That really sucks. 

What pissed me off more than anything was the response I got that literally had nothing to do with the questions I asked. Just so little disregard for the customer by customer service. 

I am not sure when they get mailed out. But hopefully everyone will get them. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,662
    Poncier said:

how are you getting a person on the phone?  It's been literally years since I have been able to get a human on the phone from ticketmaster.
    Last time was pre-pandemic so maybe you can't now, don't know.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,520
    GlowGirl said:
    cutz said:
    OP, that SUCKS!

It does suck. But it could have been worse. I didn’t get the commemorative ticket and they refunded me without my asking, but a few people on the forum have posted that TM actually cancelled and refunded their show tickets for the upcoming PJ tour when they didn’t request it and there is nothing that can be done about it. That really sucks. 

What pissed me off more than anything was the response I got that literally had nothing to do with the questions I asked. Just so little disregard for the customer by customer service. 

I am not sure when they get mailed out. But hopefully everyone will get them. 

That scares me lol. I am not going to send them a message as I don't want my upcoming tickets cancelled.. lol.

I guess I'll eat the $10.

Seems like a sketchy service they offer that's more of an afterthought.
  • Pre-pandemic I was able to get an actual person on the phone at Ticketmaster by calling 800-745-3000 (www.gethuman.com). I know it's annoying to sit on the phone and wait, but both times I've had to do it I have gotten the result I wanted. Wishing you the best @GlowGirl
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    This totally sucks, I'm sorry. I too have probably 150 + Pearl Jam ticket stubs. They go up to about 2013, then it all becomes a digital mess of papers. I give up.

I decided to frame them chronologically in 12" record frames. First one came out pretty good.
  • pthomnpthomn Posts: 116
    $10 x hundreds of people adds up. basically just stealing money at this point...
    Pre-pandemic I was able to get an actual person on the phone at Ticketmaster by calling 800-745-3000 (www.gethuman.com). I know it's annoying to sit on the phone and wait, but both times I've had to do it I have gotten the result I wanted. Wishing you the best @GlowGirl
    Thanks. Pre-pandemic I was able to also get someone on the phone. They were very helpful. Now it is impossible. And I know my issue could have easily been handled with a 3 minute phone call. Oh well.