PJ Atmos Releases On Blu-ray?

Does anyone know if PJ has plans to release Ten, No Code, and Gigaton on Blu-ray? They've all been mixed for Dolby Atmos and are available through Apple Music, but Apple Music only streams the lossy Dolby Digital Plus version and processes the audio using its own Spatial Audio algorithm. I'd love the lossless TrueHD Dolby Atmos version of these albums. 

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,635
    Theres been no word, but I'm sure if they did, they would sell a fair amount. 

• strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    I believe Apple's Spatial Audio algorithm only comes into play if listening on headphones. If streaming from an AppleTV device to an Atmos or 5.1 receiver, it just uses the Dolby stuff and doesn't kick in Apple's rendering.
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,239
    Theres been no word, but I'm sure if they did, they would sell a fair amount. 

Yes they would.
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited April 2022
    strilo said:
    I believe Apple's Spatial Audio algorithm only comes into play if listening on headphones. If streaming from an AppleTV device to an Atmos or 5.1 receiver, it just uses the Dolby stuff and doesn't kick in Apple's rendering.
    The same mix sounds different on wired and wireless headphones.  If it’s something like air pod pros I think that’s where the algorithm happens as I thought the fact you are wirelessly transmitting makes it different.  

I know with the lossless mixes it’s that way. Hardwired you are getting lossless, streaming wirelessly and you are not.  Does that sound right?
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on