anyone had the opportunity to play one?

15W class A with reverb and trem.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    anyone had the opportunity to play one?

15W class A with reverb and trem.

I lusted for a 15watt Jet with Tremolo that we took in on a trade, It would have cost me around 150 bucks I think but I ended up selling that, and the Classic 30 I wanted in the same day.

It's a really cool little amp that would greatly benifit from the standard cheap little tube amp upgrades, like oh, maybe a weber speaker and some better tubes.

Really cool amp though.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i'm considering a change.

and it sort of looks like the best aspects of the pro jr tied to the reverb and tremolo. putting the vintage 30 into and some EHX tubes.
    exhausted wrote:
    i'm considering a change.

and it sort of looks like the best aspects of the pro jr tied to the reverb and tremolo. putting the vintage 30 into and some EHX tubes.

sounds like a great combination especially with an OD or treble boost.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    well, it's on the watch list and i'll see if i can try one in person before then.

i discovered my perfect amp the other day. a carr mercury. but it's $2000US so no dice.

also considering this.
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7351920222&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
    exhausted wrote:
    well, it's on the watch list and i'll see if i can try one in person before then.

i discovered my perfect amp the other day. a carr mercury. but it's $2000US so no dice.

also considering this.
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7351920222&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

that is pretty cool. I still want a VC though too. The 40 dollar used Mullard Upgrade is probably well worth it.

Carr's are really expensive, but also really good too. When you consider the engineering work and time, it's not an unfair price, it's just too expensive for many of us.
  • Tremolo is my favorite effect. And its amazing how much different tremolo sounds between different amps, and even different pedals. Just nuts.

Between the guy I record with and myself we have two amps (twin, minuteman) that both have tremolo, two pedals (dunlop and boss), and two rack mount digital effects racks that have different tremolos and they all sound different.

But the amp ones always prevail!!!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
    ah to hell with it. i'm just going to buy another barber launch pad and commit to the deluxe reverb. i know i'll never do any better.