got my diamond drive back last night

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
what a company. they cleaned up the wiring my messy switch replacement, gave me two spare 3PDT switches and express posted it back to me, all under warrranty even though i'd done the initial switch replacement myself. and it looks like nothing ever happened in there.

amazing.

not only that, i plugged it in and was reminding of just how good it is after not having it for two weeks. seriously the only overdrive i've playing lately that has life in the sound. the only one that can do that throaty strat SRV-ish tone thing on the neck pickup around the 12th fret. the only one with enough clean volume to do a bunch of damage without even turning the gain up much. i missed it so.

also got my uniphase #004 last night. didn't get much chance to play with it but my initial impressions are good. more later when i can spend some time with it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    what a company. they cleaned up the wiring my messy switch replacement, gave me two spare 3PDT switches and express posted it back to me, all under warrranty even though i'd done the initial switch replacement myself. and it looks like nothing ever happened in there.

amazing.

not only that, i plugged it in and was reminding of just how good it is after not having it for two weeks. seriously the only overdrive i've playing lately that has life in the sound. the only one that can do that throaty strat SRV-ish tone thing on the neck pickup around the 12th fret. the only one with enough clean volume to do a bunch of damage without even turning the gain up much. i missed it so.

also got my uniphase #004 last night. didn't get much chance to play with it but my initial impressions are good. more later when i can spend some time with it.

so I guess I should be looking hard at a Diamond Drive after I sell my Barber DD.

Put the Uni at unity the speed about 2 O clock and the color at about 2 O clock, then crank up the amp and strum E chords and then try a little lead it's heavenly, it gets more pronounced when you roll off the volume. Even better when you add loads of gain and fuzziness.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i honestly don't know how the diamond would compare to the BJF or how it would complement it.

I'll try to do some clips this weekend maybe since I don't think you'll find one to play down there. It is truly beautiful though.

My dynacomp is in it's death rattle and I think I'm may buy a diamond compressor as well once the auctions I have running are done and my paypal account has some funds in it. Just for curiousity, take a look at their page for their compressor. Frequency response graphs. Gotta love it.
    exhausted wrote:
    i honestly don't know how the diamond would compare to the BJF or how it would complement it.

I'll try to do some clips this weekend maybe since I don't think you'll find one to play down there. It is truly beautiful though.

My dynacomp is in it's death rattle and I think I'm may buy a diamond compressor as well once the auctions I have running are done and my paypal account has some funds in it. Just for curiousity, take a look at their page for their compressor. Frequency response graphs. Gotta love it.

yeah, one of the first things I noticed, that and the rock solid construction and good components. Just given the price difference I'd try Diamond first.

I like that new fulltone concept too but that's a bit more than the DD too. I think the J drive might be up my alley.

I still like the tone press too, but honestly, trading the keeley comp for a diamond sounds like a very good trade to me. For one, look at the polyprop caps, and the op amp. The eq gives it flexibility for different guitars. The EQ should help it work better with buckers especially on jazz boxes.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    yes, i kind wish i'd bought a j drive instead. the separate clean boost would have been nice to save some real estate. same overdrive circuit with a touch more gain.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    it's really a blessing and a curse to have so many great od pedal options... it can make your head spin with all the options.

I have been consistently happy with Maxon and Digitech products... I tend to stay in that realm to avoid making my gear spending worse.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    it's really a blessing and a curse to have so many great od pedal options... it can make your head spin with all the options.

I have been consistently happy with Maxon and Digitech products... I tend to stay in that realm to avoid making my gear spending worse.

It's probably very good that you haven't plugged up any BJF stuff yet.

Bjorn should offer a 12 step program.
    i've tried so many in the last year. the fact that each behaves totally differently depending on the rig just makes it worse. luckily, the shop i deal with just lets me return or exchange to my heart's content.