Classic Ticketmaster

BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
So I submitted a question to the Ten Club.  They answered, but suggested that I check with Ticketmaster's Ten Club Support email for further details.  Three days later, I received a reply from Ticketmaster-- sort of.  The reply said, "Thanks for contacting us. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns."  In other words, there was no substantive response to my question.  I followed up, pointing out that they didn't actually answer my question.  The next day, I received a sloppily worded reply that did address the question (although the answer from Ticketmaster actually contradicted what the Ten Club had initially said, rather than providing further details in line with the Ten Club's response).

After all of this correspondence, I got another email from Ticketmaster asking for feedback.  When I clicked on "Bad, I'm not satisfied," it took me to a screen that said, "This request is now closed. Un
fortunately, that means the ticket can no longer be rated."  So basically, to sum up, Ticketmaster provided bad customer service, invited my feedback on it, and then refused to accept negative feedback.
I gather speed from you fucking with me.

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,125
    Wow. They are truly the worst. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,189
    JimmyV said:
    But now this band is tied at the hip to them there is no other game in town! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited March 2022
    Im actually surprised TM solicits feedback. Feedback is always skewed negative as people are far more likely to take the time to respond to a negative interaction.   Any company that is basically a monopoly know it’s not like you can take your business elsewhere so what’s the point?
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,662
    JimmyV said:
    Tied to the hip for $5,000.00 a ticket at MSG!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,125
    Poncier said:
    JimmyV said:
    Not buying the it's all to keep costs down argument, eh?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,935
    I’d rather let one dummy pay 5k for a seat than the rest of us pay $350 per fan club ticket. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,788
    edited March 2022
    on2legs said:
    I’d rather let one dummy pay 5k for a seat than the rest of us pay $350 per fan club ticket. 

Disagree with that,  I would gladly pay $700 for two great 10C tix to MSG. For better or worse, that is what is costs these days in NYC for an artist in high demand. Spend two hours with an accountant, attorney, Broadway play, or talented chef and it will cost much more. You will not be fed or entertained. Paid $500 a ticket (face value) for Paul McCartney at MSG on a Saturday night and it was worth every penny.  
    Edit: the chef will feed you, but you may need a papaya dog after :)
    Post edited by Get_Right on
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:

Disagree with that,  I would gladly pay $700 for two great 10C tix to MSG. For better or worse, that is what is costs these days in NYC for an artist in high demand. Spend two hours with an accountant, attorney, Broadway play, or talented chef and it will cost much more. You will not be fed or entertained. Paid $500 a ticket (face value) for Paul McCartney at MSG on a Saturday night and it was worth every penny.  
    Well… I paid $255 total for two Pearl Jam MSG tickets that are 6 rows off the stage which I snagged during the 2020 verified fan sale.  So I guess the system is working.  But there are a finite amount of tickets available and there is always going to be unhappy fans who missed out.  That doesn’t mean the system is broken. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

edited March 2022
    on2legs said:
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:

Well… I paid $255 total for two Pearl Jam MSG tickets that are 6 rows off the stage which I snagged during the 2020 verified fan sale.  So I guess the system is working.  But there are a finite amount of tickets available and there is always going to be unhappy fans who missed out.  That doesn’t mean the system is broken. 
    And that is the exception to the rule. People do get lucky with both 10C and TM which is great. Very few people score decent tix though VF sales. We saw it today.  It is designed to drive traffic to platinum or premium tickets. The system is broken and run by a monopoly. Especially in NYC where the amount of tickets available to the public is very small.
    Edit: 6 rows off the stage? Maybe behind the stage :)
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:

Sounds horrible
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • I feel like a lucky guy.  Joined 10 Club 4 months ago and was able to get get a face value MSG ticket today.  Behind the stage but am grateful to be in the house on 9/11!
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:

And that is the exception to the rule. People do get lucky with both 10C and TM which is great. Very few people score decent tix though VF sales. We saw it today.  It is designed to drive traffic to platinum or premium tickets. The system is broken and run by a monopoly. Especially in NYC where the amount of tickets available to the public is very small.
    The majority of the venue is fan club and verified fan.  The only problem here is the demand exceeds supply.  It doesn’t mean the system is broken. 

Also… I got lower level seats for Nashville in the verified fan sale today so I guess I’m the exception again. 

on2legs said:
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:

The majority of the venue is fan club and verified fan.  The only problem here is the demand exceeds supply.  It doesn’t mean the system is broken. 

Also… I got lower level seats for Nashville in the verified fan sale today so I guess I’m the exception again. 

Skilled 10 C members and concert veterans know how to work it. It works for me as well. I got shut out of MSG but did well with Camden and the Earthlings shows. And lower level in front of the stage? 
    Know how to work what? Verified fan is random.  That makes no sense.  You’re also ignoring that the majority of the venue is fan club and verified fan but whatever.  We have more fan club tickets than ever.  The system works.  There are just not enough seats to please everyone. 

Yes… Section 118.  Row H - which is kind of a scam by the venue.  Initially I thought I scored the 8th row, only to find out the first row starts at AA and goes back to ZZ before they start with row A.  So actually row 34 but I’m still pleased to have them. 

I feel like a lucky guy.  Joined 10 Club 4 months ago and was able to get get a face value MSG ticket today.  Behind the stage but am grateful to be in the house on 9/11!
    Hey congrats and welcome! 

edited March 2022
    on2legs said:
    Know how to work what? Verified fan is random.  That makes no sense.  You’re also ignoring that the majority of the venue is fan club and verified fan but whatever.  We have more fan club tickets than ever.  The system works.  There are just not enough seats to please everyone. 

Yes… Section 118.  Row H - which is kind of a scam by the venue.  Initially I thought I scored the 8th row, only to find out the first row starts at AA and goes back to ZZ before they start with row A.  So actually row 34 but I’m still pleased to have them. 

Work TM. It is random, but experienced people know the process-be logged in on multiple devices, ensure fast internet, have credit card updated, cut and paste any other info and check out fast. That is what I mean.  The person that tries 4 minutes later is shut out.
    Edit: higher up that far from the stage is actually better.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,688
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:

Work TM. It is random, but experienced people know the process-be logged in on multiple devices, ensure fast internet, have credit card updated, cut and paste any other info and check out fast. That is what I mean.  The person that tries 4 minutes later is shut out.
    I remember during the F2F frenzy in 2020 people were putting little pieces of tape on the phone or computer screens to know exactly where to click for the fastest check out.  A few seconds made all the difference. Definitely some skill involved. 
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:

Ticketmaster gives you like 7 minutes to check out.  No need to cut and paste or check out fast.  It’s not a sneaker drop. 

on2legs said:
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:

Ticketmaster gives you like 7 minutes to check out.  No need to cut and paste or check out fast.  It’s not a sneaker drop. 
    True once you get them in the cart. But before that it is exactly like sneaker drop. Or a Supreme x Burberry drop LOL.
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:

True once you get them in the cart. But before that it is exactly like sneaker drop. Or a Supreme x Burberry drop LOL.
    So your insider tips boils down to “ensure fast internet”?

• MKSNYCMKSNYC Posts: 341
    on2legs said:
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:

Or an AP drop
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,688
    on2legs said:
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:

For F2F it was harder. You really couldn’t cart anything. It was the first person who completed the checkout got it. You would go through all the steps and even put in your cc info and then find out someone else got it.  
  • PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 726
    on2legs said:
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:

From what I have read that is not true for F2F sales on Ticketmaster.
    4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
    on2legs said:
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:

So your insider tips boils down to “ensure fast internet”?
    Nope no tips. I honestly believe the VF sales are luck. Right place right time and dialed.
    PJINFLA said:
    on2legs said:
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:

Just talking verified fan. 

• PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 726
    on2legs said:
    PJINFLA said:
    on2legs said:
    Get_Right said:
    on2legs said:

Just talking verified fan. 
    Cool. I have never had the pleasure I always get waitlisted.
    4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,662
    JimmyV said:
    Poncier said:
    JimmyV said:
    Not buying the it's all to keep costs down argument, eh?
    Ha, not that nor the Brooklyn Bridge.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,189
    I’ll never ever pay $500 a ticket to any band! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....