paco!!! quick!!!

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Kick ass, Imagine if the Uniphase had stereo outs. I could put it behind me. That'd be a reason to keep the DL4.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    if i hadn't already bid on the 1x12" i'd ask you to buy it and ship it up to me.

dammit.

i'm one bid away from losing the 1x12" but it's also sitting at a much higher price.
    I think the vintage 30 12 is just a good match though. The 12 is perfectly paired with that amp. Little bigger cab too. Both are nice, but I tend to prefer the 12.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    so do i. i really want the 12. i know how much better the pro jr sounded when pumped through my DR's V30.

but this'll learn me up for bidding early on something. :( fuck.
    exhausted wrote:
    so do i. i really want the 12. i know how much better the pro jr sounded when pumped through my DR's V30.

but this'll learn me up for bidding early on something. :( fuck.

what's the AD15/12 going for at the moment?
    $691.84. i'm out at $701.
    exhausted wrote:
    $691.84. i'm out at $701.

yikes. that's close. It could potentially go about 15 bucks higher than you, anymore than that and kybosh it.
    yeah, i'll wait to the end now and see.

i can't see anyone bidding on the 12 now with the 10 up for grabs unless they're really specific in what they're after.

that 10 is a good deal and should go in within the day.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    yikes. that's close. It could potentially go about 15 bucks higher than you, anymore than that and kybosh it.

you figure that's still reasonable though? this thing is a definite keeper quality wise.

my max with shipping would be $750 i think.
    exhausted wrote:
    you figure that's still reasonable though? this thing is a definite keeper quality wise.

my max with shipping would be $750 i think.

yeah, max plus shipping should be around 750. New they were around 850. I don't think they have really declined in value at all. I don't really think they will. It's a fantastic simple amp.
    if i win, my wife will have my ass. luckily being 7 months pregnant she can't run really fast.

when she kicks me out i can just come work OT.

better make her nice suppers for the next week or so just in case.

all these little amps are getting extremely popular. hell, even original tweed pro jr's from the 90s have appreciated in value.
    exhausted wrote:
    if i win, my wife will have my ass. luckily being 7 months pregnant she can't run really fast.

when she kicks me out i can just come work OT.

better make her nice suppers for the next week or so just in case.

all these little amps are getting extremely popular. hell, even original tweed pro jr's from the 90s have appreciated in value.

These amps are kind of a tremendous secret. They weren't made for very long and the world is catching on that they don't need 4x12's and 200 watts to get the tone they want.

Now Orange dosen't even produce them and they are still a rarity even though the 30 watt AD's are all over the Brit Pop and indy scene (see Carrie Brownstein's rig)
  • now tell me why in the hell there are three yuck yucks bid up to $813 on this one http://cgi.ebay.ca/Orange-AD15-12-Amplifier-Amp_W0QQitemZ7359442478QQcategoryZ10171QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    when the one you listed is BIN for around $500?

are they bumblefucks?

EDIT: (whoa, nice edit box ! ! !)

Doh! I just caught the "12" at the end of that other auction descrip.

Whose the bumblefuck now?
    lol.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
    doh. i'm one of the yuck yucks. $813CAN.

the last 1x12" went for $675 on a BIN. this one is mint and 2 hours away from me.

the 1x10" is a really, really good deal.
    the 500 is a 10"

just wait till you hear it before you criticise the cuisine.
    :D