Gigaton or not

JM144705JM144705 Posts: 434
So at the Sea Hear Now show Eddie talked about how it was an inside joke among him and the boys with the name Gigaton because for the record they were going to Gig-A-Ton. They had plans to do a lot of live shows but then a pandemic broke out. Well now they seem to be ready to get back out there and with this announcement of shows it certainly isn’t what anyone would consider a “Ton” which leaves a lot of fans out in the cold for tickets that are sparse to say the least. Hoping for more show announcements but it certainly seems unlikely at this point. Hope everyone that has tickets has a great time! Hoping to find a pair for St Louis as it would be a wonderful way to celebrate my 38th birthday!!

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,190
    JM144705 said:
    So at the Sea Hear Now show Eddie talked about how it was an inside joke among him and the boys with the name Gigaton because for the record they were going to Gig-A-Ton. They had plans to do a lot of live shows but then a pandemic broke out. Well now they seem to be ready to get back out there and with this announcement of shows it certainly isn’t what anyone would consider a “Ton” which leaves a lot of fans out in the cold for tickets that are sparse to say the least. Hoping for more show announcements but it certainly seems unlikely at this point. Hope everyone that has tickets has a great time! Hoping to find a pair for St Louis as it would be a wonderful way to celebrate my 38th birthday!!
    lol they are by far the lowest touring band going, take a look at Jack White’s tour for 2022 he’ll even an old Elton John tour is more shows ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited March 2022
    They will definitely be adding shows this year. I am guessing 39 to 42 shows when its all said and done. If they have somehow been able to keep an August ballpark tour under secrecy for this long that number will jump up to almost 50. Yes compared to other bands that is a light year. Not for these guys though that's as busy as it has gotten in a while for them. 
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,208
    They are also working on a new album right now.  I think we'll get more shows this year along with a new album and another tour for next year. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,125
    PJNB said:
    They will definitely be adding shows this year. I am guessing 39 to 42 shows when its all said and done. If they have somehow been able to keep an August ballpark tour under secrecy for this long that number will jump up to almost 50. Yes compared to other bands that is a light year. Not for these guys though that's as busy as it has gotten in a while for them. 
    I hope you are right!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,771
    PJNB said:
    39 is a lot for PJ.
    I miss igotid88
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,245
    JojoRice said:
    They are also working on a new album right now.  I think we'll get more shows this year along with a new album and another tour for next year. 

Oh yes!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    I'm thinkijg maybe venue booking is a total shit show right now, as every band in the world is trying to book and make up for lost time, while venues are only just restaffing. It's possible that they really just booked what they were able to, and would have done more if venue availability was better. They usually have more time to do this too.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,610
    JojoRice said:
    That would be awesome, but realistically, they don’t have an album out until summer 2023 at the earliest.