i haven't played in 5 days.

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
this is the longest since i quit for a few months a few years ago.

it's partly rather nice because it's been so frustrating lately and partly disconcerting because i worry i won't go back.

but for now, it's mostly nice not to be frustrated all the time with music.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:

it's partly rather nice because it's been so frustrating lately and partly disconcerting because i worry i won't go back.

you just need a break, I do that with golf, every time out.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    that's what worries me. i quit golf cold turkey in 1998 with no side effects. haven't missed it a bit.
  • exhausted wrote:
    that's what worries me. i quit golf cold turkey in 1998 with no side effects. haven't missed it a bit.

I never bonded with golf, so it was easy for me to quit that! I put the guitar down for stretches at a time though, and I always come back to it.

You'll be back! You just need to recharge a bit.

They guitars will be calling from the basement in a bit:

"Exxxxxhausssssted,,,,,,, we're down here,,,,, come see ussssssss"

Either that or take up the cello! We can tour as a duet!
    Man, I can get a lot of feedback out of my new one if I run it through a delay and overdrive, then into a Fender Deluxe! :cool:
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

The fact that you notice, says that you miss it. Inspiration will hit you, you'll get back to basics, and remember why you love strumming an open E chord.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I know all about it, and believe me: you are a better player than I am. I have not made any improvements at all in like 5 years or so.

Even though I just bought me that new Tele, I have been thinking about selling everything but my two champs and the shannon OD, so I have a nice set of amps when I decide to buy a guitar again. And as you have witnessed before, I've gotten somewhat paranoid as well :o

Anyway, the new Tele is set up now, it's better, but still doesn't feel right. Action is very low at fret one, but rises very fast when going up the neck. But I can't be bothered to take it back inagain, cause at this time, it's basically between my ears.

Golf?? And here I thought I knew you guys?
  • exhausted wrote:

i sometimes need a couple of days away from music completely, i think it helps alot. you come back refreshed and new ideas seem to flourish.
    at times i get pissed, as alot of people probably do, when i feel i cannot progress any more.
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Take up Flyfishing...
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • there your go...
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408

You'll be back! You just need to recharge a bit.

They guitars will be calling from the basement in a bit:

"Exxxxxhausssssted,,,,,,, we're down here,,,,, come see ussssssss"

You spoke the truth here! :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&