a set of SCNs up for grabs

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
if you're interested in a set of SCNs for a strat, let me know. turns out they don't fit in the routes of a 62 strat. oops.

so, opened box but brand new. aged white covers.

edit:

rebayed
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhausted wrote:
    if you're interested in a set of SCNs for a strat, let me know. turns out they don't fit in the routes of a 62 strat. oops.

so, opened box but brand new. aged white covers.

the 62 has "exact" fit right? liek new strats accomodate several different sizes of single coils, but the reissues seem to be cut for the pickups they come wiht, like they did originally. its really hard to explain.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    yup. they're pretty much accurate to the old days i guess.

it's funny, on the wiring diagram that comes with the scns, it says ".72" screws included for installation in vintage reissue guitars".

but the screws were way longer and yeah, there's no way the pups themselves are fitting in those shallow routes.

blah. i got them at a good price and it never even crossed my mind that they wouldn't fit. oh well. i really like the sound of SCNs too. not that i don't like the 57/62s (except the bridge).

i guess i'll just suck up the hum for now. in my current basement, if i face one particular direction, no hum. let's hope my new basement is different.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    The 57/62's should have no problem fitting into a standard American Strat, right? You guys have been praising them so highly, I'm debating picking up a set, especially since they're pretty reasonably priced at under $120.
    moster78 wrote:
    The 57/62's should have no problem fitting into a standard American Strat, right? You guys have been praising them so highly, I'm debating picking up a set, especially since they're pretty reasonably priced at under $120.

yeah, you'd have no issues there for fit. only thing to keep in mind. the middle isn't RWRP so, unlike the am std pups, no hum cancelling in positions 2 and 4.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    exhausted wrote:
    yeah, you'd have no issues there for fit. only thing to keep in mind. the middle isn't RWRP so, unlike the am std pups, no hum cancelling in positions 2 and 4.

Yeah, read that. Shame too, since my Strat seems to forever be in those two positions lately! Something to think about. Thanks.
  • moster78 wrote:
    Yeah, read that. Shame too, since my Strat seems to forever be in those two positions lately! Something to think about. Thanks.

I love those positions!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • would they fit into my mexican fat strat? i just need to get a new pickguard

i'm probably not going for the deluxe ash anymore, i just cant afford it
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    would they fit into my mexican fat strat? i just need to get a new pickguard

i'm probably not going for the deluxe ash anymore, i just cant afford it

yeah, they would. any modern fender and they'll fit i'm pretty sure. i had no issues with my american series when fitting SCNs and stacks into them.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Sounds great to spring on, but unfortunately saving for a new amp comes first. Blues Jr, HRD or a Traynor YCV seems like the approximate size/price.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
    they're getting rebayed tomorrow so, going... going....

$100US shipped.

i paid $140 shipped.
  • '69 strat pickups are pretty amazing too.
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?