Stupid Vinyl Questions

RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
I am trying to get some of my favorite albums since getting a turn table and I have some questions. Maybe someone can help me out.

When I'm trying to find an album, say Black Crowes Southern Harmony and Musical Companion, what is the easiest and best way to know which version to get? I found with the Black Crowes album, the new copies are 2 LP and sound bad, the original pressing is 1LP and sounds great, but is the only one that sounds great. So I ordered that on discogs from 1/2 way across the world for way too much, maybe ill see it in April. Now I'm looking for Counting Crowes Recovering the Satellites and I cant figure out if there is a original 1 album pressing...it doesn't appear so.
https://www.discogs.com/master/76468-Counting-Crows-Recovering-The-Satellites

And why do they say (CD, Album) under Title, but are only the CD listing?

Sorry, I'm sure these are stupid questions. I have 1000 more...

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,689
    RS65573 said:
    I am trying to get some of my favorite albums since getting a turn table and I have some questions. Maybe someone can help me out.

When I'm trying to find an album, say Black Crowes Southern Harmony and Musical Companion, what is the easiest and best way to know which version to get? I found with the Black Crowes album, the new copies are 2 LP and sound bad, the original pressing is 1LP and sounds great, but is the only one that sounds great. So I ordered that on discogs from 1/2 way across the world for way too much, maybe ill see it in April. Now I'm looking for Counting Crowes Recovering the Satellites and I cant figure out if there is a original 1 album pressing...it doesn't appear so.
    https://www.discogs.com/master/76468-Counting-Crows-Recovering-The-Satellites

And why do they say (CD, Album) under Title, but are only the CD listing?

Sorry, I'm sure these are stupid questions. I have 1000 more...

I can’t answer all of your questions but when searching on Discogs you can filter for just vinyl by checking off the vinyl or LP box in the format section. Than only vinyl will come up in your search. I hope that helps. 
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    That does help when shopping, Thanks!