no hum in new basement!1

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
:D

my single coil guitars are dead quiet.

my old place has a horrible electrical problem and single coils hummed to the point of uselessness.

but not this place. looks like my days of needing noiseless pickups are over.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Nice! Just don't play so loud that you bring the house down on top of you! :D
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yay, That's awesome. P90's are ok to use again too!! :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • That's sweet!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    it'll be a week or two before I get everything put back together. my carpets and blankets are still at the old house.

but I've got all my gear here and I managed to get my strat pedals and amps out for a run.

it just sounds hollow down there with an unfinished ceiling and cement floors. and it fills the whole house with noise.

it'll be better once my carpets etc. are here. to deaden it down there. plus once all our furniture gets here.

I still won't get to turn up much but i'll have my fun when the family's gone.
  • :::::::here's to cranking up while wife and kid are grocery shopping::::::::::::
  • :::::::here's to cranking up while wife and kid are grocery shopping::::::::::::

HAHAHAHA!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • That is awesome nothing like good electric and a basement to play in.
    If buying the house isn't expensive enough look into the owens corning basement finishing system. It is kind of pricey butI finished my basement last year with it and the acoustic quality is top notch. Nothing like walls of fabric coated insulated materials to lower the noise with fiberglass drop ceiling. It keeps the noise volumes of my kids and family playing air hockey down in basement to a minimum.

I just put in my stereo and turntable down there and wow PJ albums on vinyl at loud levels and wow what a difference. Nothing like turning the amp up and playing my LP with the albums and not blowing the house off its foundation. Congrats on the new house
    So many amazing shows! Thank you.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    thanks for the tips. the plan right now is to finish the basement within a couple years, money allowing. and it will be done properly with sound proofing etc.

probably one little room for my studio and then a tv/rec room.
  • Congratulations!

Three years I've been here and I think the hum was one of the first things I saw on this board!
    Three years, and it took you getting married, having a kid, buying another house to finally get a quiet hum free basement.

(Did you ever check the doorbell transformer in your other house? I just replaced mine and it killed a small hum I have in my house.)

Ok , well, you don't even want to think about it! :D

Now you can get out the old P-90's and cheapo cables again! :cool:
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart