siblings

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Wow,, nice!!!

Congrats to the proud dad!!! :D

For some weird reason, that pic reminds me of the Tragedy/ Comedy masks. Maybe that's my brain being fried in this heat, though. :)

I have a couple of sets, too. I should pair them up and take pics!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • heres my strats (and others)

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d91/harrisonmerwin/guitars.jpg

heres the 79 (modded unfortunately) thats missing from the pic

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d91/harrisonmerwin/Startocaster-bodycase.jpg

the humbucker is out and the guitar is undergoing pickup surgery. Im takign the evans pickup out of my 91 hardtail (caus im putting in Vintage 57/62's in) and then it will be more strat like. Thats an original Kahler bridge too from the early 80's. The humbucker is actually a mid 60's Mini bucker used in epiphone hollowbodys and briefly in a few late 60's gibsons models, im not sure what its from but its 100% authentic 60's (for sale too if your interested)

the hagstrom (red holowbody) got smashed a few weeks ago during a performance, so im down to a total of 6 workign guitars and 1 under teh knife.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Welcome Back Harrison!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Welcome Back Harrison!

thanks man, its nice to be home!

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Nice SG's. Which one's new?

Here's a picture of my boys flanking my amp:
    http://flickr.com/photos/19959093@N00/205387337/
    moster78 wrote:

Sweet... I need to build my collection.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    Sweet... I need to build my collection.

I hear you, although 2 electrics, plus my acoustic hardly seems like a collection. The goal is to have some kind of Les Paul in there by years end.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    My end of the year is a Fender Twin Reverb. Wish me luck, it's gonna cost an arm and a leg.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
    Novawind wrote:
    My end of the year is a Fender Twin Reverb. Wish me luck, it's gonna cost an arm and a leg.

Same here most likely.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Novawind wrote:
    Exhausted, you're a lefty?

yup.
    moster78 wrote:

the cherry is new, to me anyway. it's a 2001 i picked up here a few days ago. used but not abused. well broken in. the burst is an 04 i bought off ebay about 18 months ago.

that flip flop can really look green in that pic. love the tweed blues jr too.
    the hagstrom (red holowbody) got smashed a few weeks ago during a performance, so im down to a total of 6 workign guitars and 1 under teh knife.

:(

i liked that one.
    exhausted wrote:
    the cherry is new, to me anyway. it's a 2001 i picked up here a few days ago. used but not abused. well broken in. the burst is an 04 i bought off ebay about 18 months ago.

that flip flop can really look green in that pic. love the tweed blues jr too.

Cool deal on your SG's. I love mine, and the flip-flop is just too cool. It goes from blue to teal to green depending on the way the light hits it and the angle you look at it. Sounds pretty sweet too!
  • elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    moster78 wrote:

that green SG is medieval!
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • exhausted wrote:
    :(

i liked that one.

it was a 1968 Hagstrom, exact model that elvis used to jive with. Mine however was highly modified, battered, scratched, cracked, repaired, shot at, and had umpteen electrical problems and down right sounded really bad. It bit the dust.

• Novawind wrote:

Nova, Keeponrocking, and whoever
    You dont have to take this advice, BUT...it should be read at least.

The Twin reverb is a nice amp, sounds great, and has a reputation...but not for $1100 (musiciansfriend price)

It is all tube, 85 watts, two vintage speakers, but the reverb/vibratio effects unit, the "heart and soul" of the amp...is solidstate. This is the side of fender that really lets me down, and its basically a money scheme. The only way to get "real" verb is to ubgrade to the limited run 57 twin which has a real revebr unit. It chokes me that fender has this signature 65 twin reverb, yet does not even include an authentic reverb unit. It also does not have an overdrive channel. Unless ou guys have played with one, love it to death and need to have it, theres TONS of other amps out there that are better built, better priced, and better sounding, im sure we can help you out.

elstongunn wrote:
    that green SG is medieval!

Thanks, I think.

Damn, insomnia sucks.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    At least you're not kept up by hours of calculus 4 homework.

Hm, I dont really have my heart set on the Twin Reverb but I could give others a go-around. I'll go dig up all the old amp discussions from the past few months. The thing of it is, whatever tube amp I wind up getting, I want to be able to have the best variety of sound possible since I'll likely keep it for years and years to come. I guess price is important too. This purchase won't be for a few months, likely till christmastime, so I guess I have a while to look around.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Novawind wrote:
    At least you're not kept up by hours of calculus 4 homework.

Hm, I dont really have my heart set on the Twin Reverb but I could give others a go-around. I'll go dig up all the old amp discussions from the past few months. The thing of it is, whatever tube amp I wind up getting, I want to be able to have the best variety of sound possible since I'll likely keep it for years and years to come. I guess price is important too. This purchase won't be for a few months, likely till christmastime, so I guess I have a while to look around.

if your planning on "the ultimate amp" then you should save up as much as you can within reason, then go to the biggest amp selling store near you and try out everything in your price range with your guitar and one or two of your favourite pedals, it will piss off the guy helping you but its alot of money on your part and you should really take your time.

I played the 65 Twin Reverb Reissue earlier today and the clean sound was AMAZING. Blew the Hot Rod deluxe out of the water. I need to try the other twin to see if the distortion sound is good on that variation. I would have to go used if I bought one.
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    instead of the twin reverb, try this- http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-SuperSonic-112-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=480874 best amp ive ever played
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go