so what's new

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited March 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
haven't been around much. the new job is pretty intense so i'm not going to be around during the days for sure (day off today though) and my evenings are pretty much all baby all the time.

i see house now has a 335. mind you, this was like 3 days ago so who knows what he's got now. :p

i sold my choralflange and vox wah. the chorus because, well, i hardly play and it cost too much and i can pay off my bass. the vox because i actually prefer the wah in the filter modeller because 75% of the time, i use it parked anyway.

i've packed everything up for a while though. i needed a break because playing was no longer fun as i didn't really have time to work on anything productive. it's like any activity. it becomes less fun when your skills start to deteriorate.

after a couple weeks, i'll pull out one acoustic for the 30 minutes or so that i get to myself each night.

so anyway, hola. sorry i haven't been around and i'll be pretty scarce (relatively) from here on in.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hey exhausted. Hope the baby thing is going well.

I know I don't contribute too much to the board but since you asked.....I RECEIVED MY FIRST BJF PEDAL TODAY....THE PPF!! Damn, I can't wait to get home and try it out. I had it delivered to work and now it is just staring me in the face!! I am so excited!! It is much smaller than I was anticipating.

Anyway, have a great weekend!
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    howdy. Glad to see you again and that the new job is going well, even though it's pretty boring in here lately.

I'm still working on selling stuff but I've been lax about getting all the stuff on to flea bay.

I think I may just spring for a Tone Pump EQ when I unload the DD. That, and the strat will undergo major surgery soon to become great. I think eventually I'm going to change the neck to a 10in radius from warmoth. Know anybody that wants a 87 LP Studio Dot?

Basically right now I'm just pumped for the new Ben Harper and Pearl Jam albums coming out.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    In trying to figure out what I want to accomplish in my playing, the last thing my teacher tasked me with 2 weeks ago, I just sent a money order out to buy a Teal Gibson SG Special. Can't wait to get it. Debating switching out the pickups though. Not sure to what.

Other than that, just a lot of acoustic jamming with my roommate to get something new going, as I tend to get sick of playing the same stuff over and over again.