Request refund or sell Fan to Fan?

mcatakemcatake Posts: 104
I have very nice tickets to the Ottawa show that I'm probably unable to attend.  I thought I'd get the refund and put my tickets back in the pool for another 10club member.  But reading refund policy, you have until 11:59PM on 3/21.  It also says people will start getting lottery results on 3/21.  So it appears they are starting the lottery before they have received all refund requests which leads me to believe my refunded tickets may not go into the lottery.  If that's the case, I'd rather try to coordinate a F2F sale to a fellow member, or even better figure out how to trade for Hamilton tix.  Do you think tickets refunded this week will go into the lottery? 

Comments

• bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,017
    The presale doesn't start until the 29th...I'm thinking the refunded tix will be available for the presale.
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
  • Refunds available until 21st. This way ten club tickets can include them in the lottery. 
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,411
    Refunds available until 21st. This way ten club tickets can include them in the lottery. 
    How does one request a refund?
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• mcatakemcatake Posts: 104
    Refunds available until 21st. This way ten club tickets can include them in the lottery. 

Ten Club Refund Requests:
     If you have tickets from the original 2020 dates but cannot make the new dates, you have through Monday, March 21 at 11:59pm local time to request a refund.  

From 10C lottery:
    Step 6. You are all done. Once the ticket request window has officially closed, no edits can be made. Ticket requests will be confirmed over the course of 5 days starting Mon, March 21st

so if I have until basically midnight to cancel tix on the same day they are contacting winners, seems minimally the tix may not be available to people who start getting notified on the first day.  
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    The presale doesn't start until the 29th...I'm thinking the refunded tix will be available for the presale.
    that is the Verified Fan presale. Not the tenclub sale.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• mcatake said:

If you have tickets from the original 2020 dates but cannot make the new dates, you have through Monday, March 21 at 11:59pm local time to request a refund.  

From 10C lottery:
    Step 6. You are all done. Once the ticket request window has officially closed, no edits can be made. Ticket requests will be confirmed over the course of 5 days starting Mon, March 21st

so if I have until basically midnight to cancel tix on the same day they are contacting winners, seems minimally the tix may not be available to people who start getting notified on the first day.  
    Have a look at the TM blog, they mention refunds on reserved seating being available for the Ten Club seats. I don’t see a ton of people doing refund last minute.
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,017
    PB11041 said:
    that is the Verified Fan presale. Not the tenclub sale.
    I stand corrected.

Did a deeper dive this AM.
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    mcatake said:

From 10C lottery:

Have a look at the TM blog, they mention refunds on reserved seating being available for the Ten Club seats. I don’t see a ton of people doing refund last minute.

Somewhere, it also warns that the Verified Fan Presale will be comprised of refunded tickets that are mostly nosebleeds/behind the stage. My guess is that the lottery will be any 10 Club/good seats refunded before the lottery starts, the VF presale will be the crappy refunded tickets, and anything good refunded after the lottery has already started (or somehow not claimed in the lottery) will be sold as "PJ Premium" tickets.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,146
    IMO- with the bogus new tax law (if you sell over $600 a year you'll get a 1099-k from ticketmaster, it used to be $20k in a year) I am returning the pair I have to LA since I cant make it. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    PSUS2H said:
    IMO- with the bogus new tax law (if you sell over $600 a year you'll get a 1099-k from ticketmaster, it used to be $20k in a year) I am returning the pair I have to LA since I cant make it. 
    To prevent any tax being due on the 1099 income, you can file a schedule C and show the original ticket costs as "cost of goods sold" to help reduce the net income
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,146
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    PSUS2H said:
    To prevent any tax being due on the 1099 income, you can file a schedule C and show the original ticket costs as "cost of goods sold" to help reduce the net income
    From two years ago?  It would have had to been filed back then - but for new folks sure, but also this is going to be a massive headache for casual fans who choose to list tix on the fan to fan instead of just returning them (of course only if the total sales exceed $600)
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024