Gig Life Pro with Christian Fresco

demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,251

You worked closely with the legendary Pearl Jam for 10 years, how was that experience? 

Working with Pearl Jam was an incredible experience!.  Being a Seattle native, I grew up listening to Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and many of the bands from the area…so working on their team was a dream come true.  I learned a lot working with a superstar band at Pearl Jams’ level from setting up and executing large scale releases, the behind the scenes  of major world touring, building and maintaining a massive fan community, and also using your influence and success, to not only give back, but to advocate for causes that you believe in.
I was blessed to get to work with a band who I’m not only a fan of their music, but also of their values.

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,251
    Hi Christian! First of all, can you tell us about yourself and your start in the music industry? 

I got my start working in the music industry during my college years as an intern for both Universal Music Group’s distribution office in Seattle and a small venue called Chop Suey.  During that time I also was a rep for Universal Records doing college radio promotion and on various street teams passing out fliers and hanging up posters around the Seattle area.  After college I moved to California and got my first full time job in the industry as a marketing assistant in the Los Angeles branch office for Universal Music Group.  It was the beginning of a winding journey for me in the music business.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,251

Spanning 20 years in the music industry, Christian Fresco has worked for record labels and management companies in Seattle, Los Angeles, New York and now based in Tokyo, Japan. Throughout his career he has helped with the development of many artists in marketing roles at Universal Music Group and has headed the marketing efforts on the management team for legendary rock band Pearl Jam for ten years.

After moving to Japan in 2019, Christian headed up Artist Relations for Tokyo-based online vinyl service Qrates. He currently manages singer-songwriter Mark Diamond and co-manages Chicago based artist/producer Sen Morimoto.
    In our latest Pro Spotlight feature below, Christian takes us through his journey in the music industry, his move to Japan as well as some interesting takes on Japanese music market.