my personal grail

Comments

• I wonder how much the reserve is.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i have no idea. i have no idea what it's actually worth. but i've only ever seen one other one on ebay for about twice that.

and, including cobains, i've only ever seen 3 original lefties.

damn i wish i could buy it. my wife would probably be upset having it in bed between us though.
  • http://cgi.ebay.com/1955-Gibson-Les-Paul-Custom_W0QQitemZ160041740412QQihZ006QQcategoryZ47072QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

there's mine. you know, if it's actually a original.

fuck that price though!
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Guitargasm!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    i found another one online and some guitar store and it sold for 1900US so i guess this guy is too high. that one didn't have blocks or a bound neck though.

2K really doesn't seem like a lot for something so rare. especially with the whole nirvana thing.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    nice. the wifey would get jealous when you go to the store to get 3 crates of preservation polish and forget the diapers for the other baby. :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhausted wrote:
    i found another one online and some guitar store and it sold for 1900US so i guess this guy is too high. that one didn't have blocks or a bound neck though.

2K really doesn't seem like a lot for something so rare. especially with the whole nirvana thing.

jaguars really slip through the fingers of collectors. They allways seem to be forgotten, because they are so far down the list from other Fender products for collection. But to find a lefthand Jaguar......you should almost buy that. I think i actually saw one in Edmonton over the weekend....it might have been a mustang, i wasn't really paying attention.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
    jaguars really slip through the fingers of collectors. They allways seem to be forgotten, because they are so far down the list from other Fender products for collection. But to find a lefthand Jaguar......you should almost buy that. I think i actually saw one in Edmonton over the weekend....it might have been a mustang, i wasn't really paying attention.

if i hadn't just bought a house..... and that strat....

dammit.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    exhausted wrote:
    if i hadn't just bought a house..... and that strat....

dammit.

Sell the Strat.

avenue guitars?
    moster78 wrote:
    Sell the Strat.

nah, i want that strat.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    exhausted wrote:
    nah, i want that strat.

But the Strat will always be there again, this seems like a once in a lifetime thing.
    shhhhhhhhhhh

lalala i'm not listening lallala.

:)
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    moster78 wrote:
    But the Strat will always be there again, this seems like a once in a lifetime thing.

I agree.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    i just can't. it's just bad timing. some day there is bound to be another.

one time, there was a competition orange mustang lefty on ebay. as it was in switzerland, it was easier to resist.
    chicago music exchange bought it for 3550US.

so expect to see it back on ebay about about 6K :p