the solution for those without effects loops

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited June 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.prosoundcommunications.com/english/xotic/effects/x_blender/index.html

i want one. now. the only bummer is that it is mono. would solve the problem of noisy effects for those of us without parallel effects loops in our amps. especially reverb pedals that all seem to hiss like beasts.

much more expensive than a simply passive blend but much more useful too.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i never understood the reason for an effects loop...maybe because I dont have the money for another chord...
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yes and the active circuit keeps it clean.

It would be nice to have my verb and modulation in that. Then I could place them in different spots on the board. The Uniphase demands to be first in line.

I need a new wah....sigh.

I should show you a pic of the gaggle of pedals on my floor right now. :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    new stuff, pac?
    exhausted wrote:
    new stuff, pac?

loads. But some of it is top secret.

I do have a shannon comp now for the time being with my strat that has a gain control it's kind of OS inspired. Sounds great with the strat.

I'm going to put my DL4 up for sale I think and also sell my DD for maybe 75.

I need a new wah with a fatter top end with less shrill (due to single coils) this gets fixed by the comp. but the priority now is the strat getting new locking machine heads, and new electronics. It's going to be a hell of an instrument once I finally drop in the new pups. The wait list on HD is getting Increble.
    at this point finding Frailin Blues is the easy part, then I've got to convert the bottom tone to blender.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    i never understood the reason for an effects loop...maybe because I dont have the money for another chord...

some things would just be nice with a blend control.

as for the effects loops on amps, depending on the effect, there's a big different in sound if it's before the pre amp or after.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    loads. But some of it is top secret.

I do have a shannon comp now for the time being with my strat that has a gain control it's kind of OS inspired. Sounds great with the strat.

I'm going to put my DL4 up for sale I think and also sell my DD for maybe 75.

I need a new wah with a fatter top end with less shrill (due to single coils) this gets fixed by the comp. but the priority now is the strat getting new locking machine heads, and new electronics. It's going to be a hell of an instrument once I finally drop in the new pups. The wait list on HD is getting Increble.
    at this point finding Frailin Blues is the easy part, then I've got to convert the bottom tone to blender.

top secret my ass!!! :)

glad the 62 is working out.
    exhausted wrote:
    top secret my ass!!! :)

glad the 62 is working out.

oh yeah, it's great. I may have gone a bit small on the neck, but geez it's a looker. It just needs a scoche more ummph and a tiny bit more smooth and then lockers to facilitate my lazy american string changes. :D
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    exhausted wrote:
    http://www.prosoundcommunications.com/english/xotic/effects/x_blender/index.html

i want one. now. the only bummer is that it is mono. would solve the problem of noisy effects for those of us without parallel effects loops in our amps. especially reverb pedals that all seem to hiss like beasts.

much more expensive than a simply passive blend but much more useful too.

The video #4 with Robotalk and X-blender is pretty cool. I want to know how that sounds with guitar though, not just bass.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1