pedal clips - mxr stereo chorus, OCD, echo park etc.

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
apologies for the hamfistedness.

all with strat with SCNs. left channel is a fender deluxe reverb. right change is an orange AD15. no EQ on the mics.

mostly demo'ing the stereo chorus but other pedals in there too.

also, my infant son was in my studio so you can hear him squeak from time to time.

clip 1.
chorus -> echo park (tape echo) -> verbzilla
chorus set at 12 o'clock on all controls

clip 2
OCD -> chorus -> verbzilla
leslie simulation

clip 3
diamond comp -> chorus -> echo park (multi tap tape) -> verbzilla
very light chorus just to add more spread
very sorry for the crap U2-esque riff
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    exhausted wrote:
    apologies for the hamfistedness.

all with strat with SCNs. left channel is a fender deluxe reverb. right change is an orange AD15. no EQ on the mics.

mostly demo'ing the stereo chorus but other pedals in there too.

also, my infant son was in my studio so you can hear him squeak from time to time.

clip 1.
    chorus -> echo park (tape echo) -> verbzilla
    chorus set at 12 o'clock on all controls

clip 2
    OCD -> chorus -> verbzilla
    leslie simulation

clip 3
    diamond comp -> chorus -> echo park (multi tap tape) -> verbzilla
    very light chorus just to add more spread

:)

Those were great!!

Clip 1 & 3 were so heavenly :o

And I was getting into #2.......I was dissapointed when it ended :(
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    thanks.

yeah, i can't do the lead stuff so #2 was brief.

i really love this chorus pedal.
    exhausted wrote:
    thanks.

yeah, i can't do the lead stuff so #2 was brief.

i really love this chorus pedal.

What exactly is "stereo" chorus??

As opposed to regular chorus??

What are some Stero models?

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
    well, you can kind of hear it swirling back and forth between left and right. regular chorus won't do that. so stereo just sounds richer and more interesting. of course, two amps are required which is kind of a pain.

mine is this.
    http://images.misupply.com/products/original/MXR/133778x.jpg

my other favourite is this.
    http://www.alternativasmusicales.com/catalog/images/choralflange.jpg

boss makes a couple too.

all can be used in mono too and still sound nice.
    exhausted wrote:
    well, you can kind of hear it swirling back and forth between left and right. regular chorus won't do that. so stereo just sounds richer and more interesting. of course, two amps are required which is kind of a pain.

mine is this.

http://www.gitarinn.is/images/dunlop/large/mxr-stereo_chorus.jpg

my other favourite is this.
    http://www.alternativasmusicales.com/catalog/images/choralflange.jpg

boss makes a couple too.

all can be used in mono too and still sound nice.

Thanks ex :)

.NJD.
  • casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    exhausted wrote:

I actually liked that riff :)

I should get me a chorus pedal and link up the two champs together. But I need to find me another or a new job first.
    stereo is very addicting and a lot of fun for atmospheric stuff.
  • You know what? Maybe I should just buy a used Rivera amp or a Delta Blues and just use two amps and blow the roof off my apartment!! :D
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    i'll think i'll do that next time my neighbours start one of their rip-roarin' fights.

i've got two sets of britneys and kevins living near me and i'd rather have my son be awakened by guitar feedback than white trash yelling "fuck" at eachother at the top of their lungs.
  • exhausted wrote:
    i'll think i'll do that next time my neighbours start one of their rip-roarin' fights.

i've got two sets of britneys and kevins living near me and i'd rather have my son be awakened by guitar feedback than white trash yelling "fuck" at eachother at the top of their lungs.

lmao

I do it a lot actually. When someone complains I just turn it up. I mean let me play loud for little bit to unleash the beast for a few minutes and then it will be at a lower volume, if you keep bitching its going to make the beast more mad = louder...haha

sometimes i like to drag my amp outside on my deck and play with my strat clean, i get yelled at for that too
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    nice clips, I can hear the baby cry at the end of 3.

stereo goodness. I love the tone of the Diamond comp.

Echo Park sounds great, hell they all sound good
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • hey, i liked all the clips, clip 2 really reminded me of any non-pj Mike Mccready, clip 3 didnt sound u2, it sounded like pinball wizard, lol. nice effects, and nice clips. I really liked the "leslie" it really reminded me of mike's post-YL improvs at the end of a show.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
    i'm going to do some better OCD and diamond comp clips this weekend if i get the chance and can come up with interesting enough riffs.

like, the comp with my rickenbacker etc. fun stuff.