Options

Law & Order returns…(TV show)

DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
edited February 2022 in All Encompassing Trip
Tonight at 8 local time the original (and best in my opinion) series returns after 10(?) years off the air. It’s always been a top 10 series of all time for me, lol. Anyone else looking forward to this?

Without getting spoilery there are some returning faces from the last season that aired, as well as some new ones.

Dun-dun!
"The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
Post edited by DarthMaeglin on

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,275
    I never realized it left
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Yes, I'm looking forward to it! I'm going to record it and watch it tomorrow night or over the weekend ...

"Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    The GF and I spend shitty Saturdays in the house watching SVU all day.

Last night was a treat.  I enjoyed the first 2 but not so sure I am enjoying Elliott's spin off of Organized crime.  I've watched a few episodes and I don't know...
  • Options
    The GF and I spend shitty Saturdays in the house watching SVU all day.

Last night was a treat.  I enjoyed the first 2 but not so sure I am enjoying Elliott's spin off of Organized crime.  I've watched a few episodes and I don't know...
    I really enjoyed it last night, and agree if there was a weak link it was OC. I came to SVU as Stabler was on his way out, so don’t really know how his reprise of the character fits, but I have overall enjoyed OC so far, its biggest problem being that it follows SVU which is so good.

The ending of SVU practically had me in tears (pausing it and puffing a joint may have been a factor, lol), that show can be incredibly powerful. As I said I came to that show later on, but I am thankful that it has really helped broaden my understanding of the impacts of sexual violence.

Going back to the original, if the reedit and remix they did on the opening credits is my only complaint then I don’t think I really have a complaint, lol. I missed it last night, but I’ll finally learn and remember Burn Notice’s name (Peter Griffin reference), lol. It only took me a minute to stop seeing Hugh Dancy as Will Graham from Hannibal, lol.

• Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    I watched about 15 minutes of it; realizing it was based on the Cosby story, changed the channel.  
  • Options
    I watched about 15 minutes of it; realizing it was based on the Cosby story, changed the channel.  
    D’oh, that didn’t even occur to me, but it’s a good fit, lol.

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,074
    I watched it today and thought it was well-done. I also could never get into the Organized Crime one.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."