CE-2 surprise

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
i bought a CE-2 on ebay a while back. got it today. never asked if it was a made in taiwan or a japanese one. japanese ones being more desirable and therefore going for lots of $$$$. assumed it would be taiwanese.

got it for $51 so i didn't care either way. i was thinking of modding it anyway.

it sounds better and quieter (much less hiss)than my previous two japanese ce-2s. i'm very happy.

so, if you want a good chorus and don't care about collector value, go get a taiwanese ce-2 for like half or less the cost of a japanese one on ebay.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• the ce-2 is my favourite chorus pedal. I've had mine for about 20 years and its still going strong. I love the slight volume boost when activated, great for enhancing passages that need to stand out. Mine is made in japan but I've heard the Taiwanese ones as well and i can't really pick the difference.
  • i have an original CS-9, i really really like that one. and i got it for cheaper than a new one...so i cant complain. the new ones just don't stack up.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i've tried so many choruses, including a new CS9 and the voodoo lab, none are as good as a CE-2 for mono chorus.

the fulltone and the mxr chorus are pretty good in stereo. the fulltone probably being the ultimate but $$$$.

but for mono, CE-2 is by far my favourite.

those old CS9s go for a good price. sort of like old AD9s are steals compared to DM-2s and DM3s.