Live On 4 Legs - Story of 5H

PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 446
Probably spoken about on here already but I just have to call it out.

Back in the mid 90s, I was a 12/13 year old kid who's older brother blessed the ears with Pearl Jam. At that point I was hooked and I wanted to know all things revolving around the band and that was the beginning portion of their careers in becoming legends. The 5H site during a tour was my escape from at the time was not such a great time for me. It allowed me to follow what was played on a nightly basis - then listen to those songs in order to try and put myself in the previous nights setting. 

It's something I was so appreciative of as a young boy/man going through crap that made me feel alone. The site was something that made me not feel as alone because to a certain extent I was with the 5,000 then 10,000 people the previous night. 

2000 came and I was able to see the band at Jones Beach for the first time - I couldn't wait for the site to be updated because I finally got to say, "I was there."

I'm grateful that I've able to say that quite a few times. 

The work that 5H did and now the work that LO4L and others are doing is great. I can only hope that if there is someone who feels as I did 20+ years ago that they find a positive escape there and within this community.

Take care.
JA
If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H